shmu26

Level 83
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Should I turn on the active protection?
How does it impact the system's speed and responsiveness? (I don't care about the increased ram usage, I have enough ram)
I am running windows 10 pro x64 with Windows Defender+MBAE+MBAR+Avira Browser Safety

L

LabZero

Sure you can enable real time protection, as mentioned above the impact is minimal and it does not overlap with other security apps.

Reactions: frogboy
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

defender and mbae in realtime is more than enough use it as a secondary scanner , but also use zemana antimalware and eek as secondary scanners , because mbam does not detect everything.

Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium is meant to be used WITH another standalone security product as it doesn't scan things that your Anti-Virus should get e.g: It will only scan .zip files after they have been extracted and your security should've caught it by then. You should use Real-Time Protection, Malwarebytes is not bulletproof but combined with a standalone Anti-Virus and a Firewall it is certainly strong :)

shmu26

Level 83
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium is meant to be used WITH another standalone security product as it doesn't scan things that your Anti-Virus should get e.g: It will only scan .zip files after they have been extracted and your security should've caught it by then. You should use Real-Time Protection, Malwarebytes is not bulletproof but combined with a standalone Anti-Virus and a Firewall it is certainly strong :)
right. I have windows defender and MBAE in real-time, and windows firewall. I use an ad-blocker and I am not click-crazy, so I would think that's enough. If I have any suspicions, I just restore my system with Macrium Reflect.

shmu26

Level 83
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
If I turn on the MBAM website protection, and I use chrome, do I still need Avira Browser Safety?

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

jamescv7

Level 61
Verified
Trusted
There is nothing wrong to turn it on, remember that MBAM mainly focus on latest threats and not those widely variety of samples that a common AV usually do.