Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
MetalShaun said:
To confirm what McLovin said my scan speeds are due to my system being installed on an SSD. A Quick scan with MSE takes less than 10 seconds. Surprisingly SAS is the slowest with scan times around the 1 minute mark.

Only thing though with SSD's is that they are not that cheap.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Which device did you configure to be the cache device ZOU?

RAM. But maybe I configured but never completed the RAM option. I will try again soon. I did it in a rush. If you say it works, I believe you. I mean you are not a magician (though pretty crafty, lol), so it had to have worked for you to achieve those results.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Only thing though with SSD's is that they are not that cheap.

I heard a rumor that prices are dropping substantially. I have not researched for confirmation yet.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
ZOU1 said:
I heard a rumor that prices are dropping substantially. I have not researched for confirmation yet.

Well, I haven't got one, so I can't say for sure, but been looking in the shops here and they have not changed. Could be just Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.