Advice Request Mcafee endpoint security 10.5

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

is Mcafee Endpoint worth to try??

• Total voters

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
hi gents,
i have Mcafee endpoint security 10.5 retail licensed copy so i want to know your opinion about it . i read that enterprise version is more powerful and lightweight and has more capabilities than home versions which known to be buggy so what is your opinion??

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
I cannot recall but i believe @Soulweave was using their endpoint protection for a bit. I don't not know how often he is on but if he has used it in the past i'm sure he could give you some insight. Other than that, i personally do not know of anyone else using anything from Mcafee.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
then which files should i install @tim one @Spawn @Petrovic
Capture.PNG

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
These days McAfee competes programs like Bitdefender, Kaspersky,norton
Strongly look at AV-Comparatives real World April 2018 McAfee is 100%
Recent tests
Mcafee is crapiest AV ever. They buy AV-C for that results and showcase to increase sales
The first AV to get hit by any ransomware is Mcafee. Read an article on which Macfee setup companies are worst hit by ransomware and data loss
INTEL is the cause behind it that ruined Mcafee completely . I dont know how good are they now'
I would never touch it. REAL PROTECT IS A JOKE

Mikesierra

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2018
I once was an admin for McAfee VSE/ENS in a large organization and I can say for sure that I would never ever use it voluntarily. Even ENS is primarily signature-based and if you need a higher level of protection you have to pay for it (TIE server). To be honest, I don´t understand why and how McAfee can achieve a 100% rating in several tests.

B

BVLon

Anyone who use McAfee ENS ?? latest seems to be 10.7
i could use it for free from my daughter school, but i wonder if its any good ?
It's actually a great product. It features dynamic app containment (sandbox) and you are able to choose how aggressive you want your behavioural and heuristic analysis... something you can't do on the home version, hence it's missing quite a lot of threats (if you take the AV engine alone). It also includes network IPS.
I highly recommend that you make use of the product. Quite a lot of enterprises turn to McAfee.
You can go through the product documentation McAfee Endpoint Security | Resources
The 10.7 user guide is not yet released, you can go through the 10.5.2 and 10.5.3 guides.

Last edited by a moderator:

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
It's actually a great product. It features dynamic app containment (sandbox) and you are able to choose how aggressive you want your behavioural and heuristic analysis... something you can't do on the home version, hence it's missing quite a lot of threats (if you take the AV engine alone). It also includes network IPS.
I highly recommend that you make use of the product. Quite a lot of enterprises turn to McAfee.
You can go through the product documentation McAfee Endpoint Security | Resources
The 10.7 user guide is not yet released, you can go through the 10.5.2 and 10.5.3 guides.
interesting to try it could you know how to have a trial if i am home user or i cannot ?

B

BVLon

interesting to try it could you know how to have a trial if i am home user or i cannot ?
You can't do a trial as a home user, they can just do a demo for you in case you're an IT admin. I have used and tested McAfee ePO extensively in business environment. It's great, doesn't affect the performance of the device and supports plethora of products, all integrated in one, single console. However, most of these features won't make one bit difference to the home user. The only benefit on a home PC would be the sandbox (to some extent), the Real Protect settings, so you can enable the most aggressive behavioural blocking and the network IPS. McAfee's interface is great too, unlike the home version where they've made a right mess out of it. McAfee is a business-oriented security company and all technologies are first rolled out in their business products.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.