App Review McAfee Free Cloud Antivirus Review (Beta)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

thepierrezou

Level 8
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
Hi,
Good review, you said it don't have zero day protection but heuristic detection is a zero day protections since it can detect a unknow file.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Kind of hit and miss with ThePCSecurity Channel nowadays. You could easily run multiple files by highlighting. Running too many at once though could break McAfee as with any other AV. McAfee has good web blocking. That can't be denied and it's zero day of paid products isn't as bad as most think. Especially when they include McAfee Raptor (currently a beta standalone product) into their software which has proven itself to be a great behavioral blocker in my extensive test (over 12 hours straight).

I'd have no problem trying this product but without context scan I don't see a point. If you want an install to forget product, this is perfect for you. The performance of it's paid product is the only reason why I don't like McAfee however this gets rid of that so I can approve of this product. McAfee isn't bad at protecting you. Don't believe those independent tests too much. They are pretty inaccurate... but you'd have to trust my word on that with only one of my own McAfee tests on YouTube (old video so slightly inaccurate - McAfee has improved since then).

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
It needs a right click scan and Quick scan, custom, Full , scheduled... i also tested this, feels light, detection is good.

Last edited:
Reactions: upnorth

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.