App Review McAfee Internet Security 2014 Test (MalwareDoctor)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
nsm0220 said:
McAfee Internet Security 2014 sucks and it should be spit on

Is that a fair statement? Sure McAfee did flounder in parts of my review but it did not fail entirely. Not that I am defending McAfee, but as testers we need to let the viewers decide for themselves. By making rash statements, the only effect will be angering the "normal" viewer (normal meaning people who do not dislike a video just because they do not like your channel or are mad about a previous unrelated incident to the topic of the review).

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
but told everyone that i was never ever test McAfee again because its zero day protection stinks and it can't defend a usb stick or system 32

MalwareDoctor i hope you understand why i hate McAfee and that i can't forgive it for it done to my rescue usb stick (it let in a nasty worm)

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Another great review MD...
but I just have to point out that its pronounced (MacAfee)
Check out John Mcafee's channel to confirm... he just had a popular one on how to remove McAfee if you didn't see it yet.

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
3link9 said:
Check out John Mcafee's channel to confirm... he just had a popular one on how to remove McAfee if you didn't see it yet.

Do you have a YT channel by the name of EpikSeoul? They said the exact same thing so I was not sure if it was a coincidence or just pure luck. I used to pronounce it Mac-Afee, but when I heard other people say it I thought I was making a mistake so I changed my pronunciation.

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
MalwareDoctor said:
3link9 said:

Do you have a YT channel by the name of EpikSeoul? They said the exact same thing so I was not sure if it was a coincidence or just pure luck. I used to pronounce it Mac-Afee, but when I heard other people say it I thought I was making a mistake so I changed my pronunciation.
No i dont have a channel. I just used McAfee since the late 90s up until 2010 so I know the commercials and John McAfee's videos

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
No i dont have a channel. I just used McAfee since the late 90s up until 2010 so I know the commercials and John McAfee's videos

Someone on my channel referred to how I mispronounced McAfee and told me to look up that video. Guess that is just one of those one in a millions :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.