Not open for further replies.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I wanted to reinstall McAfee IS on one of my Windows 10 PCs, and after I downloaded the installation file from their website, and enter the serial provided, I keep receiving a message to check if I am online, and Hmmm something is wrong. This is the installer for the new GUI as it is 32mb.

I tried to re-download the file again, maybe it was corrupt. This time, it downloaded a 12mb installer which is for the older version with the Green Bordered boxes. This version installs flawlessly.

I called McAfee tech support, and they were clueless and useless, and kept wanting to remote access. After explaining my situation, the conclusion was to wait a few days,a nd the program will probably update to the new GUI.

Fyi, I used the McAfee cleanup tool, the Virtual Tech app, and pinged the McAfee website at 161.69.28.13 and received 4 successful replies.

I am disappointed in their clueless support, and cannot understand why the new installer does not work but the old version does. Any ideas?

I am probably going to skip the frustration,and go with WD+CF with cs settings but I would still like to know why the new version installer, the one with the blue and white gui, does not work. The last I read somewhere, was that they were rolling out the new GUI but the tech told me that it is now available.

As a side note, McAfee does not offer offline installation files. One must download the necessary components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.