Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
Which is Better?
Protection
We Protection
Detection
GDATA or MCAFEE
No one advises me on another program like kaspersky or other!

Reactions: Nevi and stefanos

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Which is Better?
[..]
GDATA or MCAFEE
No one advises me on another program like kaspersky or other!
Practically every AV software detects and blocks malware, prevents access to bad sites, and Internet Suites include a bunch of useful and less useful features. So what exactly is the comparison for, other than "Protection, We Protection(???), Detection"?

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
G Data all the way from here to Patagonia. I like its firewall and device control. Plus the BitDefender engine (if not mistaken) is a great plus. To conclude, not the best AV out there, but a solid choice is well configured.

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
I have practically never used any of these programs, which is why there are many other possibilities because of other antiviruses.
but how would I choose between the two I would choose GDATA.
although I would choose something light (eg Avast + OSA).

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
so the others already pointed everything you need about their protectien, their support and protection both are great at some level but where the GDATA is much better is in terms of privacy which you can realy trust companies like GDATA and F-Secure but not Kaspersky that much if you're not from Russia.

so overall GDATA for sure.

EDIT: i just figured it out that i was talking about kaspersky instead of McAfee :D sry boys, and yet the result is the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
And which is the best according to your arrangements? You, as an ex-AV "Tester" here should know that answer, seemingly there is?

No such thing as the best antivirus. Just pick what suites your system the best. In my case, Kaspersky is the best antivirus, because it gives me what I need and nothing else. There always are certain engines that pick up more malware than others, like BitDefender or ESET, but in the end 95% relies on you, your browsing habits, your system lockdown and the restriction on your SO.

low L!fe

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014

No such thing as the best antivirus. Just pick what suites your system the best. In my case, Kaspersky is the best antivirus, because it gives me what I need and nothing else. There always are certain engines that pick up more malware than others, like BitDefender or ESET, but in the end 95% relies on you, your browsing habits, your system lockdown and the restriction on your SO.
I think Kaspersky and the BitDefender trick are in their best
Pay more get first place #1

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.