Advice Request Mcafee New interface?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
As far as I remember, Mcafee has a new interface. One of my friends has Mcafee Antivirus plus installed on his laptop and the interface is brand new. I have installed the Internet Security version for which I have received a 5-year subscription and was shocked to see it is the same ugly old interface. How come?! Anyone still using Mcafee here to inform us?

jtshadow92

Level 2
Verified
Jul 17, 2015
Make sure that your product is updating, sometimes itll go through the update process and then fail. Disabling access protection and then try to update will cause the product to update. Once it does that, re-enable access protection. Another case, it'll update the components to the latest mcafee, but not the new interface. McAfee is weird sometimes, I've been working with the product for a while now.

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
This is the interface today.

1537878441234.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have installed the Internet Security version for which I have received a 5-year subscription and was shocked to see it is the same ugly old interface. How come?!
Where did you download McAfee from?

Some users are affected by this strange UI issue
McAfee Support Community - Interface has reverted back to old version without... - McAfee Support Community

Try this web installer of McAfee Total Security from their Free Trials webpage:
Trusted anti-virus for every device you own | McAfee AntiVirus Plus

Last edited:

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Make sure that your product is updating, sometimes itll go through the update process and then fail. Disabling access protection and then try to update will cause the product to update. Once it does that, re-enable access protection. Another case, it'll update the components to the latest mcafee, but not the new interface. McAfee is weird sometimes, I've been working with the product for a while now.

Disabling access protection did not fix the issue. Anyway I wait some more hours and see what happens. Could you please provide me with a screeshhot of the product components version? Thank you in advance

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Maybe the issue is related to updates? The latest update process was installed at 7:30 A.M now it is 4:58 P.M and no updates? The 5-year subscription is a great deal and I am going to do whatever it takes to make the product work as expected :X3:

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
That's weird that you have the old interface. Its not like the new interface just came out today or yesterday. Its been out for months. I think since the beginning of the year.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
That's weird that you have the old interface. Its not like the new interface just came out today or yesterday. Its been out for months. I think since the beginning of the year.

Mother is using Mcafee Antivirus Plus and it has the new interface for months. But it seems a common issue; their forums are full of users complaints. Anyway I am going to to MVT and see what happens.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
CloudAV.exe is the latest version of its virus protection. You have the latest protection, just not the UI.

Exactly as the support agent confirmed, but I just can't understand why I am still having the old interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.