McAfee Real Protect (Raptor) BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
Wow, I think it's new way for mcafee to collect user data ;)
what do you think?

qftest

Level 1
Nov 22, 2015
11jlkyp.jpg

Mamutu...distant memory.
2009 haha:rolleyes:I was still reading.

Reactions: ouyangx

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
Threatfire, from the same era, wonder what Symantec made out of that?
Damn good BB as well!

/W
I remember using it when it was called Cyberhawk, loved that thing!
Kinda sad to see that there are no standalone behaviour blockers left, everything has to be "cloud" nowadays which is why I won't use Real Protect. I especially dislike it for not utilising any options menu where I can tweak it to my liking.

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Why not McAfee add something like this years ago,this could have made it do better in AV reviews.

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Why not McAfee add something like this years ago,this could have made it do better in AV reviews.

They had, but far better it seems, the guys behind it jumped ship and started Cylance.

Cylance | Advanced Threat Prevention Built on Artificial Intelligence

I will start a thread here about Cylance, and lets follow the progress and any news if you run by them?
I was in contact with them, regarding if it was possible to receive a demo, but I live outside USA and UK so they told me to come back in 3 months.
They are only in the Business segment right now, but they are working on a end user product as well.
Dell did choose Cylance after going thru more then 60 security solutions, must count for something right?

EDIT! I saw there is a thread here:ARCHIVED - Cylance Delivers the Anti-malware Product of the Future
regarding Cylance, maybe we can continue there, those who are interested?

/W

Last edited:
Reactions: XhenEd
D

Deleted member 178

I was in contact with them, regarding if it was possible to receive a demo, but I live outside USA and UK so they told me to come back in 3 months.

That is weird reason...

Better keep the discussion here.

Anyway they have a really cool website :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@nsm0220: Well McAfee have different perspective outlook on how home users and business users needs it, actually their Artemis technology (heuristics) tends to perform well on various concept besides of other components that help to improve their detection capabilities like mentioned above.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Ran a separate VM with Panda Free and Real Protect, it caught a few of the undetected samples that Panda didn't quarantine.

Worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.