Advanced Plus Security McLovin's iPhone Config 2025

Last updated
Dec 29, 2025
Mobile brand
Apple
Mobile model
iPhone 16 Pro Max 256GB
Mobile operating system
iOS
Mobile OS version
26.2
Mobile security update support
Supported - still receiving security updates
Mobile system updates
Automatic updates
App store(s)
    • Apple App Store
App updates
Auto-update on any connection
Screen lock method
Password
Biometric security
    • Apple Face ID / Touch ID
SIM and mobile number protection
    • Lock SIM card with a PIN
    • Activated Port Freeze or Number Lock (via Mobile carrier service)
Stolen Device Protection
On
Unknown tracker alerts
    • Cross-Platform Tracking Detection (iOS)
    • AirGuard - SmartThings and Tile Protection for iOS
Find a lost device
    • Apple Find My
Security and privacy apps
  • 1Blocker

    • Version: 6.1.3 (1292)
    • Version: 6.1.0 (2376538.2505061415)
  • iOS Hide My Email
  • iOS Private Relay
  • iOS Advanced Data Protection - On
  • iOS Stolen Device Protection - On
Firewall and VPN apps
Mobile browsers
Safari (enhanced settings)
Password and passkey manager
Proton Pass (is my main password manager of choice)
Phone & Caller ID
Enabled, but when making calls to someone I want to hide my number #31# is before the number I want to dial.
Messaging
iMessage
Threema
Signal
Session
Music & Podcasts
Apple Music
Apple Podcasts
Photo & Video
Apple Photos
Entertainment
Kayo (for Formula 1 and Cricket)
Note-taking
Standard Notes
Cloud storage
iCloud
Proton Drive
Games
Pokémon Go
Two-factor authentication
Proton Authenticator
File and photo backups
  • iCloud (iPhone is backed up to iCloud)
    • Version: 1.51.0 (10993.3)
Subscriptions
    • Apple One Family
Notable changes
Last updated:

23 March 2024

  • Updated to iOS 17.4.1 (build number 21E236)
    • Updated to App version: 11.2.1058 from 11.2.1054
    • Updated to Social Network Privacy pattern: 3.1.0.1058 from 3.1.9.1.1958
  • Removed Google Chrome
  • Removed Trend Micro Password Manager
28 March 2024​
  • Removed AdBlock Plus
    • Updated App Version from 11.2.1058 to 11.2.1063
16 April 2024
  • Ghostery
    • Updated from version 10.2.14 to 10.2.15
  • ProtonVPN
    • Updated from version 5.1.9 to 5.2.2
  • Proton Drive
    • Updated from version 1.10.0 (22) to 1.15.0 (6351.3)
15 June 2024
  • iOS
    • Updated from iOS 17.4.1 to iOS 17.5.1
    • Updated from App version: 11.2.1063 to App version: 11.2.1087

16 September 2024
  • Upgraded to iPhone 15 Pro Max 256 GB back in July.
  • Running iOS 18.1 Beta
    • Updated from Version: 10.3.7 to Version: 10.4.5
26 February 2025
  • Upgraded to iPhone 16 Pro Max 256 GB back in November.
  • Running iOS 18.4 Beta
    • Removed Ghostery and added 1Blocker
12 April 2025
  • Running iOS 18.5 Beta
  • 1Blocker
    • Updated to Version: 6.1.3
    • Updated to Version: 6.0.4
24 May 2025
  • Proton VPN
    • Updated to Version: 6.1.0
    • Updated to Version: 1.51.0
Feedback preference

Detailed suggestions and alternatives welcome

McLovin

Level 80
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Forum Veteran
FAQ:

Q: Why don't you have any game apps?
A: I've never been a mobile gamer. If I want to play any sort of games I use my PC.

Q: What is your phone mainly used for?
A: It is mainly used for personal life. I have dual SIM for one of my businesses in my phone (personal is eSim and second is physical SIM). I also have a company supplied work mobile I use for my day job.

Q: Do you have any socials that we can follow?
A: I do not. I've heavily reduced the amount of social footprint I have.
 
Last edited:
Like you, I use an authenticator and Proton Pass. My main protection is based on AdGuard Pro (tracking and DNS), network protection app by my internet provider and Hush to block nags about cookies. My iPhone is very responsive.
What I like most about AdGuard: you can choose your own tracking filters ( AdGuard DNS filter and oisd big) and DNS. I use ControlD Malware as my DNS server.
 
Last edited:
Why install antivirus software on an iPhone? What's in it for you, apart from anti-theft and Web protection?
You have not met Mclovin before I'm assuming, he has always been a fan of Trend and runs it on anything that will accept it lol.

That aside, iphones are not immune to infections, although they are rare. They can still be infected via malicious apps, links and websites. Maybe Pegasus and Adthief ring a bell?
 
Why install antivirus software on an iPhone? What's in it for you, apart from anti-theft and Web protection?
As most will know my name throughtout MalwareTips, I've been using Trend for years.
Apple is not completely bulletproof when it comes to malware.
The web protection and anti-theft (minus Apple's Find My iPhone) is couple of the great reason's I run Trend.

Looks good, any noticeable slowdown?
I've experienced no slowdowns.
Been running this setup for years now (minus the new features Apple bring out).

Like you, I use an authenticator and Proton Pass. My main protection is based on AdGuard Pro (tracking and DNS), network protection app by my internet provider and Hush to block nags about cookies. My iPhone is very responsive.
What I like most about AdGuard: you can choose your own tracking filters ( AdGuard DNS filter and oisd big) and DNS. I use ControlD Malware as my DNS server.
Proton is an amazing business.
Have used them for a while now.
Having an authenticator is essential in today's digital world.

You have not met Mclovin before I'm assuming, he has always been a fan of Trend and runs it on anything that will accept it lol.

That aside, iphones are not immune to infections, although they are rare. They can still be infected via malicious apps, links and websites. Maybe Pegasus and Adthief ring a bell?
Practical is correct here.
Anyone who has been around the forum for years will know I've been a Trend Micro fan for years.
 
Last edited:
Some significant changes in my iPhone config.
Moved away from other browsers and now use Safari as all the other browsers use the same WebKit as Safari on iOS. I've really modified the settings in Safari along with 1Blocker.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top