Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Thread author
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
RE: MCShield

There is option in Control Center called Allow MCS Cloud Functions.

If the option is enabled, the program will contact our server every time you open the Stats tab in the Control Center and
do the following:
- receive the number of installations and treated items (and display the statistics)
- send the number of items treated on your computer (just the number, nothing else!)
- send a file containing MD5 hashes of files that were detected as suspicious during the previous scans (the file
contains only MD5 hashes, nothing else; note: no other file will ever be send to us!)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

TwinHeadedEagle: I've just made an alternative way to operate Control Panel.

1)
33oppcm.png

When clicking the icon on the taskbar, nothing appeared then right click for "control panel" still nothing appear but other options are working.

2)
13ypaw6.png

Working in a way when pinned up then appeared the interface itself.

I think isn't a major issue for that, running at Windows 8.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I booted up and loaded the MCShield Control Center (from Start Screen). Not sure what this error means, I don't have any other drivers connected except 2 network drives.

NRE1H3m.png

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Thread author
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
@jamescv7

I installed Windows 8 x64, but don't have such problem, MCShield works normally...right click opens Control center. Probably I haven't understand your point. Do you still have any issue?

@Earth

That error is probably because, drive is spotted by MCShield, MCShield tries to scan it, but in the meantime drive isn't accessible...

Do you still have this error?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
TwinHeadedEagle: That's opposite for mine, right click control panel then no appearance.

But when a pinned taskbar included and click, the control panel opened.

Maybe reinstall? But that's not an issue caused overall still a great piece of tiny software. :bravo:

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Thread author
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Try to reinstall, don't know what could be the problem...no one else reported such problem, that's probably something caused by your system...

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Thread author
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
You will probably experience massive FP today, because a lot of vendors (including Avast, Emisoft, F-Secure, Bitdefender and some unknown) blocking MCShield. Don't know what is the problem, currently investigating...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I think MBAM experience a massive FP like yesterday but managed to fix immediately. :)

souhrid

Level 5
Jun 29, 2012

Kaspersky too detect it as a threat,is MC shield digitally signed version .I don't understand.pretty impressed with its detection,removed infection which avast misses.To make sure i sent this infection to virustotal,detected as a threat by 6 engines.Once again a exellent work by MC shield

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Thread author
Verified
Mar 8, 2013

souhrid said:
Kaspersky too detect it as a threat,is MC shield digitally signed version .I don't understand.pretty impressed with its detection,removed infection which avast misses.To make sure i sent this infection to virustotal,detected as a threat by 6 engines.Once again a exellent work by MC shield

That's the example why is MCShield better in removing removable drives infections than any Antivirus :)

souhrid said:
fix this as soon as possible i just love this program

We're working on it...

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Thread author
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Can you just tell me which component is detected by Kaspersky, I suppose it is MCShieldDS.exe

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Thread author
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Kaspersky should be fixed now, majority of other vendors too...

EDIT: This issue with FP's will have to be fixed in one of next releases...

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
To make your software to be even more attractive, appealing - would be nice to expand its field of action to the system partition.
I realize that this would result in more work for the development, but in the end this product is worth your time, to gain advantage of the public ..
- simply present the check box for .. those who want to check, they will check ..

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Thread author
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Prorootect said:
To make your software to be even more attractive, appealing - would be nice to expand its field of action to the system partition.
I realize that this would result in more work for the development, but in the end this product is worth your time, to gain advantage of the public ..
- simply present the check box for .. those who want to check, they will check ..

I didn't understand you fully? HDD's are covered, do you mean removing active malware infection?

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I'm talking about primary computer HDD with the Windows system, often called the C drive.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
TwinHeadedEagle said:
And what about primary hdd?

- Is MCShield work also in system partition, or not, please?

If not, is it might be desirable for MCShield also makes the scanning of all files on that partition (C:\), not only in removable / USB drives, please ..

But if this bother you too much, do not take into account my question or suggestion, sorry ..

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Thread author
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Yes MCShield scans every partition, including system partition, but only ROOT, not every file...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.