MCShield Anti-Malware v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
OK, so it scans C:\ - but no farther, not inside the folders ..
.. no files in Windows folder etc. directions then ..

So my suggestion is to make the deepest scan in Windows, if this would be possible ..

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Thread author
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
It is possible, but it needs more time, and developers really don't have it...

MCShield is made to fight removable drives infections, and it will probably stay so...

Seany007

Verified
May 3, 2013
I tried this product last night. Very disappointing. 2 USB's were infected according to MCShield. While in fact they were 100% clean FP in both cases. And that's default settings. If your idea is to detect everything as a malware it's not for me.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Thread author
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Seany007 said:
I tried this product last night. Very disappointing. 2 USB's were infected according to MCShield. While in fact they were 100% clean FP in both cases. And that's default settings. If your idea is to detect everything as a malware it's not for me.

I am using MCShield for three years and never had an FP.

MCShield do have FP's but very small amount. MCShield wouldn't be so powerfull without FP's. Beside, every security product do come across FP from time to time.

You have whitelist option for putting files into exclusion list, or you can give me MD5's so I can put it into whitelist...

Anyway, thanks for your opinion :)

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Thread author
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
GA4E1 said:
Do many users use this program? If so what are your opinions?

I think you should go through whole topic, so you can judge yourself whether this piece of software is needed or not :)

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Thread author
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Version 2.7 available for download :)

Code:
 v 2.7.3.22: 8th July 2013.

- improved detection/remediation of all variants
of Win32.Gamarue;
- added heuristics for another family of worms
(Dunihi.A and similar);
- added Turkish language (thanks to translator
Mahsum ªEN);
- several changes in the log formatting and
details.

Download: www.mcshield.net/downloads.html

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
Is it only for usb drive or cd/dvd drive too ?
If it is only for usb than what is the + point of it over BD USB immunizer or Panda USB Vaccine ?
Thanks.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
USB immunize & MCShield Anti-Malware has diffrent mechanism of working as i think thats why only for info purpose i am asking.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Thread author
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hi,

I think your question has already been told, but I'll try to explain it once more.

By any means every software of this kind simply cannot match with MCShield. Why?

Because majority of these programs only block autorun.inf file, but aren't specialized in removing other types of infections. In the beginning, there were simple methods that malware creators used to spread and hide malware. As time passed by, LNK exploit appeared, then Stuxnet exploit, now Gamarue and Dunihi and so on.

MCShield is constantly updated and is free to use, and is specialized in removing latest types of malware thar spread via removable drives(CD/DVD doesn't fit in this group).

We should use for examle Gamarue infection. Panda or BD will only block autorun.inf but there are still 4 components remaining. LNK exploit is used to hide original files and to serve .lnk files with the same name. When you click on .lnk file that you think it'a original, that triggers the infection. MCShield is unlike other software able to remove all components of malware and not only to remove but to repair the damage too that includes for example unhiding of files.

I hope you understood why is MCShield superior.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
@TwinHeadedEagle
Thanks Twin for your detail explanation,yesterday i used it & it simply works good,found a autorun.inf,renamed 1 suspicious file(I think that is FP,coz next time it rename another file of that type but KIS & CIS nothing show on that file may it is html or pdf file before) so i put both file in whitelist.
Simple great software.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Thread author
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Thank you too :)

Yes, MCShield is made to have 99.9% detection, so it is normal for FP's to appear sometimes. You may put it on the whitelist, or give me the MD5 so we may put it in the main whitelist :)

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Thread author
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Yes, that is FP definitely :)

Cause is little more agressive heuristics for Gamarue in latest version of MCShield. Hidden file that Word creates when opening some document with the ~$ in the beggining of it's name, looks suspicious so MCShield picked it up :)

Will be fixed in the next release, until that happens, if you come across these FP's again, you can put them in the Whitelist within MCShield.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
Thanks for your support & valuable info.
I hates games but I love security software since i join MalwareTips.Its nice to talk and see security software developers here & giving info about their products,you are a good developer as i see on shadow defender fourm ,Dev of Shadow defender "Tony" forgive if i am wrong(in name) are not intersted to talk on their own security software fourm,yet he respond some emails but as i feel users are not satisfied with that,I know Dev. has lot of work,but it is nice you give us your valuable.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Thread author
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Minor update ready for download, heuristics should be OK now. Test, and let me know how are things now :)

Code:
 v 2.7.4.23: 15th July 2013.
- improved heuristics for better
recognition of legitimate files

Download: http://www.mcshield.net/

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.