Status
Not open for further replies.

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015
I have installed it on a few laptops on my corporate network

Configured it,so it runs silently on the background and eliminate any threat it comes across without alerting the user.

Years looking for a quality software like this....Peace of mind achieved(regarding USB drives...)

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Hello everyone, what settings should I use in MCShield? I currently have them on defaults :)

mcs1.PNG
mcs2.PNG

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No need to mess that settings, causd Mcshield perform very well at default settings. Turning on the paranoid detections may cause erroneous detections.

I've used the same settings thrugh years without trouble.

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Enable:

"delete all suspicious files" (will have some false positives-but rare, because of its regularly updated signatures)
"always unhide items"(system volume information will also be shown)

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

MCShield is a very good program :) I will be recommending it to people around MalwareTips :)

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
MCShield is a very good program :) I will be recommending it to people around MalwareTips :)
Yes, I've been using it for three years.

The best efficient way of using McShield according to my experience:
Disable your AV's automatic scanning of removable media. Let McShield do it. Any malware that will be detected will either be quarantined by McShield or your AV. ESET works wonderfully with McShield in this setup.

About Windows Defender, it conflicts with McShield often in removing malware so there is a lot of delay before the malware could be removed.

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015
I can't praise it enough actually...

It helped me out of a jam recently-The user had her USB infected with "All my files are shortcuts" virus.She was a bit freaked out...

Took the pen drive,connected it to my "MCShield protected" laptop....Done.The USB worked correctly after that and I ran Bit Defender USB Immunizer on it for good measure.

Last edited:
Reactions: safe1st and frogboy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@StriderHunterX : You nailed it, did you know on my experience where common AV that up to date, bypass shortcut viruses? Only Mcshield manage to remove efficiently. ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes that attrib function is so famous for problematic shortcut viruses where better put on your notepad/notebook or anywhere else to avoid hassle research. Unfortunately these days some shops take for granted for not taking care much on security rather they focus much on income, cause even latest AV version failed to remove properly those autorun/shortcut attacks.

Reactions: safe1st
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.