Battle McShield vs. SMADAV Pro: USB/Removable Media Protection

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Hello.

I have been using McShield for around 3 years now and it never failed me. One thing I also like is I could set it to unhide folders that were hidden by malware. Sometimes only it will a long time to fully scan the USB drive when infection is found (could be turned off by the settings).

I know that SMADAV is beyond USB Protection. But my question here is only: McShield for its USB Protection and features VS. SMADAV USB Protection.

Which is better? Thanks.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
@bribon77 Great contribution! This is great to use. I have used BiniSoft's USB Flash Drive Control for a while as well. G-Data USB Keyboard Guard is yet another great contribution @Sunshine-boy !

I'd recommend both of these as I believe both are effective. I have used G-data's USB Keyboard Guard for a long time along with BiniSoft's USB Flash Drive Control. I may have to update my security config because I sometimes forget I have this on machine haha. Both are very lightweight on system resources and is a must for anyone who works with flash drives or USB devices that may pose some risk.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.