Media Player Classic - Is it safe to still use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016

Syafiq

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
From what I understand, development is actually going to continue. Since the announcement, some people have stepped in to help the project admin and pick up the project. Nightly builds are being released, so you can expect new stable releases in the future.
Glad to hear that, i was visited on this site MPC-HC Nightly Builds and the latest release was on August, 27th. Anyone want to try it ? :p

Last edited:

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
Glad to hear that, i was visited on this site MPC-HC Nightly Builds and the latest release was on August, 8th. Anyone want to try it ?

Last version was 1.7.13.112 from August 27th. Development is probably going to be slow, as it has been since many years. I have 1.7.13.112 with the K-lite pack in my laptop; on a first glance it's not unstable or buggy, but I haven't exaustively tested it and I don't have much knowledge to say anything.

Last edited:

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
For music, you can try Aimp player or JetAudio(fee) and For video WinDVD pro, DivX player pro, splash player pro or light alloy(I'm using this)and GOM Player:notworthy:
Personally, I don't like others like Vlc, Potplayer, Media Player Classic and....
Most of Freeware media player sucks!if you can use the cracked version of DivX it would be good:notworthy:

Last edited:

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
MPC-BE should be the closest. Of course you can also use the free and supposedly many codecs out-of-the-box VLC Media Player and PotPlayer. There's also mpv and a frontend SMPlayer and even more with the likes of Light Alloy all of which are free. You can find more alternatives with sites like AlternativeTo, Gizmo's Freeware, FossHub and Ninite or in the Windows Store.
I'd say there are already too many choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.