Question Are there anyways to safely obtain windows installation media on an infected device?

Help answer the author's question with clear explanations and useful steps.

Rov123

Level 1
I suspect my home network or device has been infected by a virus, and I read online that it's not safe to create a USB installation media of windows on these system, and instead go to a different and clean system and network to do so. The problem is, I have nowhere else to go for this, the library nearby does not allow installation usb creation tool to run.
Is there any other ways to safely do this? Would creating an installation media inside a VM work?
 
Yes, creating a Windows installation media inside a Virtual Machine (VM) could work. VMs are isolated from the host system, so any potential malware shouldn't be able to interfere with the process. However, ensure you download the media creation tool directly from Microsoft's official website to avoid any risks.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top