MediaFire offers 50GB of free cloud storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikos

Jul 19, 2012
When we upload to the cloud(dropbox) our files are stored to multiple servbers around the world?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Could do, as far as I know they are all store in one place and that place is America.

Nikos

Jul 19, 2012
Are our perosnal files(photos) really safe stored in those cloud servers or they are accessed by others?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Nikos said:
Are our perosnal files(photos) really safe stored in those cloud servers or they are accessed by others?

They are stored and are safe, only you and the people that you let can access them.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Nothing can be sure except Death, Nikos...

"Are you sure your bank doesn't disclose information to taxes office?"

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Nikos said:

Any time you give something to somebody else to watch over, you're taking a risk.

Your files are only as safe as the companies security measures are.

You can take steps such as encrypting your files, but if you plan on sharing them, anyone you share them with would need your key to decrypt them.

As with anything computer oriented, usability reduces security. ;)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
If you are unsure about using Dropbox, don't use it at all :)

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I am damn sure Swiss Bank( Credit Suisse) dont give tax info or all of Indias politician would be in jail: cough:

Nikos

Jul 19, 2012
HeffeD said:
Nikos said:

Any time you give something to somebody else to watch over, you're taking a risk.

Your files are only as safe as the companies security measures are.

You can take steps such as encrypting your files, but if you plan on sharing them, anyone you share them with would need your key to decrypt them.

As with anything computer oriented, usability reduces security. ;)

if i sahre a link for accessing my files to a perosnal message to a frined on facebook does this link gets stored in mutiple servers of facebook or posted here and there too?

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Nikos said:
if i sahre a link for accessing my files to a perosnal message to a frined on facebook does this link gets stored in mutiple servers of facebook or posted here and there too?

I have no idea. I don't use Facebook. :angel:

I would assume though, that this link will be mirrored on all of the Facebook data centers.

Nikos

Jul 19, 2012
HeffeD said:
Nikos said:

I have no idea. I don't use Facebook. :angel:

I would assume though, that this link will be mirrored on all of the Facebook data centers.

Good thing then that Dropbox allows me to remove links whenever i feel thay have beedn served enough!

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Nikos said:
Good thing then that Dropbox allows me to remove links whenever i feel thay have beedn served enough!

That is true, which can be handy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.