Melen's Security (PC) Set-up (I'm not a Geek)

melen001

Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Let me state that I am not a Techy or a Geek but just a normal guy with a modest PC. I try to keep my computer as clean and as fast as possible. One thing I have learned about safety is that the best tool we have is our common sense and we should avoid web pages that we suspect are not secure and are know to be suspicious of virus and adware. Just happens that I learned the hard way if you know what I mean ... Forgot to mention that I also use MyDefrag .....

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    610 KB · Views: 419

melen001

Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
George Melendez Correa
57 secs · Face Book (click 57 & see post)
Last Pass password manager is giving away FREE license....

Join the LastPass Premium Giveaway at malwaretips.com > http://malwaretips.com/threads/MalwareTips-com-lastpass-premium-giveaway

melen001

Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Never disable UAC. Its the best line of defense when your AV does not have a signature.
I will also recommend Sandboxie free to keep your PC clean..

Thanks for the tip... will consider that.....

melen001

Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Great live feedback... wasn't expecting that.... thanks for your support ......

melen001

Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Hello exterminator20...

Thank you for the welcome to MalwareTips and i have enabled UAC.... thanks,

George

I am using red because i can not see when typing. Is there a way to change the color on the page i type on??? It's black....

melen001

Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
This is how my FireFox start page looks like....

Attachments

• Capture.PNG FireFox V. 29.PNG
    Capture.PNG FireFox V. 29.PNG
    412.9 KB · Views: 401

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.