Advice Request Memory integrity

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

cc2150dx

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 4, 2014
I currently use Kaspersky Plus, version 21.7.7.393. Windows 11 home 64-bit. Under Windows Security-->Device Security-->Core isolation-->Memory integrity (should this setting be on or off ? ) It is currently on. Thanks

Memory integrity.jpg

cofer123

Level 3
Sep 7, 2021
Mine:
View attachment 274318

But K+ says this:
View attachment 274319

When you click that part at right bottom it says:
View attachment 274320

Why?!
I had this happen many times before, not sure what's the cause.

What usually happens is that when booting up, Windows hangs with a black screen right before showing the login screen. Only a reset solves it. After that, Windows boots normally, but then Kaspersky displays that message. If you reboot after that it usually works again.

It happens randomly from what I could tell, sometimes working perfectly fine for months without issues (I shutdown my computer every day), but then there would be times when every day Windows would fail to boot because of that for like a week, only to later fix itself without my intervention.

I would say this is Kaspersky's fault with its hypervisor. Something doesn't play nice with some driver or whatever, and it fails to initialize properly. After each failure, Kaspersky disables the hypervisor for the next boot, and shows that message. In fact, I don't really understand what's the point of Kaspersky Hardware Virtualization feature to being with. Kaspersky is vague on what benefits running their own hypervisor offers in terms of security, and since it doesn't even work if you have hyper-v enabled (something anyone running WSL2 has) then what's the point?

Upvote 0

FoxtrotCZ

Level 1
Jun 14, 2018
This tradeoff seems kinda crazy...
So you can either use Core isolation/Memory integrity that can protect you from all threats that would try manipulating with high-security processes.
Or you can use Kaspersky Safe Money protected browser.
How many people even use protected browser feature? I dont... I only use normal browser for everything.

So if you dont use protected browser, you should absolutely enable Memory integrity and dont worry about Kaspersky hardware virtualization.
Why should you decrease your protection in exchange for feature you dont even use?

Kaspersky really should explain this clearly and stop scaring people if they dont use it's hardware virtualization.
If they dont use protected browser it's useless and disabling Memory integrity will only decrease security for no reason.

Upvote 0

AYIZEB

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2016
I am the same, before it worked and now suddenly it tells me that the virtualization is not stable. and I have it activated from the bios and before it worked perfectly, and now it doesn't.

Reactions: trujax
Upvote 0

trujax

Level 1
Verified
Sep 19, 2017
This tradeoff seems kinda crazy...
So you can either use Core isolation/Memory integrity that can protect you from all threats that would try manipulating with high-security processes.
Or you can use Kaspersky Safe Money protected browser.
How many people even use protected browser feature? I dont... I only use normal browser for everything.

So if you dont use protected browser, you should absolutely enable Memory integrity and dont worry about Kaspersky hardware virtualization.
Why should you decrease your protection in exchange for feature you dont even use?

Kaspersky really should explain this clearly and stop scaring people if they dont use it's hardware virtualization.
If they dont use protected browser it's useless and disabling Memory integrity will only decrease security for no reason.
Core Isolation has a pretty big affect on machines, particularly gaming FPS, but also other software conflicts. Kaspersky could be a little more clear around what additional functionality, if any, it provides outside of Safe Browsing (I've seen things that say it also impacts System Watcher, but no confirmation). Regardless, hardened Kaspersky is protecting your machine 99% of the time, whether Core Isolation/Memory Integrity is enabled or not, IMO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trujax

Level 1
Verified
Sep 19, 2017
I have windows 11 with hyper disabled and memory integration disabled.
Probably, You still have to disable all related to Microsoft HyperV, and enable hw virt. in Your BIOS:

I think there is an issue on the Kaspersky side. I've tried it on 3 different machines, all of which worked fine before, that now all give the same error.

Reactions: AYIZEB
Upvote 0

AYIZEB

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2016
I think there is an issue on the Kaspersky side. I've tried it on 3 different machines, all of which worked fine before, that now all give the same error.
surely, before it worked fine, now suddenly the virtualization is not stable according to kaspersky, memory integrity disabled and microsoft hyper disabled, activated from the bios as always, and nothing, it tells me that it is not stable, surely it is due to some kaspersky failure .

Reactions: trujax
Upvote 0

trujax

Level 1
Verified
Sep 19, 2017
Check ALL the possible reasons hw virt. not working in Your system, I posted in my previous link.
ALL possible reasons have been checked, including some Kaspersky doesn’t include in their documentation, like xhunter1.sys. It’s something on their side.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.