Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I just reinstalled the software to see if the memory leak bug had been fixed!!
Unfortunately it still exists!
fqfdtyguupmfzgidwoniwzdcwaygwejlatlvleprzjfedmxlfpjjykrjrcbxyhnylctymxikkyrwqyxsoavqpacbjtmucouabrgs

With EIS installed, ntoskrnl.exe was approaching 215 MB ram usage,when I removed the software,the usage went back to normal!!
kckaxneivpxfielqffwwljrfoudhbqrnkswdcmvggjotqzoakfzwbumyttuitbbtzgrxlpndtapfzcmxuogrkrqixkeitbyminzq

Any similar feedback from other users!!

@Fabian Wosar

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hjlbx

That is typical behavior for System and compressed memory on W10 - and not just with EIS installed. Reports have been as high as 1250 MB or so on systems with various softs installed.

I find System and compressed memory to be one of the prime suspects in W10 lags, freezes, etc.

System and compressed memory has been problematic for a lot of users; search online and you will find many complaints.

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
That is typical behavior for System and compressed memory on W10 - and not just with EIS installed. Reports have been as high as 1250 MB or so on systems with various softs installed.

I find System and compressed memory to be one of the prime suspects in W10 lags, freezes, etc.

System and compressed memory has been problematic for a lot of users; search online and you will find many complaints.
Thanks for the heads up!
However, the problem, at least on my system is that it only spikes to this level with EIS installed.
Have used countless other AV solutions and never seen it spike to this level!!
Maybe related to EIS "behaviourl guard",monitoring system files?Just a hunch??!
Either a Windows bug in memory management,or Emsisoft,or both!!??

PS:I have searched online and know it has been an issue,but I only noticed it when I reinstalled EIS.
I have Vegas pro, Adobe cloud products, etc and never had it spike like this!!

I did find this:

Last edited:
H

hjlbx

I have noticed it System and compressed memory will eventually go back down.

Maybe you should report it on the Emsisoft Support forum.

Emsi staff always does a good job - but it just takes a few days.

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I have noticed it System and compressed memory will eventually go back down.

Maybe you should report it on the Emsisoft Support forum.

Emsi staff always does a good job - but it just takes a few days.
Okay, I may do that!
Thanks!!

Reactions: frogboy and safe1st
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.