Messenger Blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Oxford

Thread author
Dec 3, 2015
Good morning everyone, Im new here. Just installed the latest KIS, rebooted then loaded Facebook.
For some reason, KIS is blocking the Facebook Messenger that is on the right hand side of the screen.
If i disable KIS it comes back on. Anyone experience this?
Thanks.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Welcome :)

Give us more info: operating system, exact version of KIS, browser and version...

Reactions: LabZero

Scott Oxford

Thread author
Dec 3, 2015
Sorry bout that:
Windows 10 64 bit
KIS 16.0.0.614
Browser is Google Chrome 47.0.2526.73 m

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Did You installed KIS2016, updated bases and rebooted the system? There are patches a,b, c & d to be applied.

Any extensions/add-ons in Chrome?

Scott Oxford

Thread author
Dec 3, 2015
I did update but after updating the first time it told me there were no new updates.
I do have extensions in chrome but I have already tried disabling them all

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Is it "Kaspersky Protection" addon installed and active in Chrome?.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Any other security application working on the system?. Did You make any change in the default settings of KIS2016?.

Scott Oxford

Thread author
Dec 3, 2015
No, i fully uninstalled Bitdefender, rebooted, installed KIS, updated, made no changes and rebooted.
Everything worked fine until after KIS started. Its only a trial tho so no biggie, im going to uninstall it
and go with Esset and give it a try.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I'm sure some leftovers in Your system from previous security installations maybe are the cause of the issue. I can help You if You post a new thread in Kaspersky Tech Forum.

L

LabZero

KIS 2016 allows you to perform Parental Control to manage some operations and social networking ( Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
So try to check it and configure or disable.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Usually Parental Control is disabled in KTS/KIS by default...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.