Troubleshoot Metro Apps are not working (Photos,OneDrive and Store)

M

MalwareT

Thread author
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Mentioned above.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Powershell commands, sfc /scannow ...
I have this problem with these apps:

-OneDrive
-Photos
-Store

So i was trying to start them, but they're minimizing to taskbar and i'm unable to start them. Camera and PC Settings were not working but i fixed them with cmd commands. So how can i fix apps mentioned above ?

Thanks for your answer :)

Reactions: Dani Santos

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
To fix that issue you have to:
1-Restore the windows store using "powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml" with a elevated cmd prompt
2-The store will work now, You can create a new account and use it or reinstall all windows apps that are not working

Reactions: MalwareT
Upvote 0

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
which command did you use??? and the apps minimize? or they just close??? The process is still there (after failure) or it dissapear from taskbar???

Upvote 0
H

hjlbx

Thread author
They minimize on taskbar,process not running after closing them.

One other person on the forum reported this almost identical issue after installing recent Windows updates.

Did you recently make any file/folder permission changes recently?

What is being reported in Windows' Event Viewer?

In the case I mention there are WWAHost.exe app hangs in the events log, but problems with Metro Apps can be caused by a whole bunch of different things...

Upvote 0
H

hjlbx

Thread author
This is just a suggestion ... look in the Events Viewer for Error log entries (you know, X inside red circle).

That is a starting point to see what is happening...

Upvote 0
M

MalwareT

Thread author
This is just a suggestion ... look in the Events Viewer for Error log entries (you know, X inside red circle).

have you tried wsreset command???

It didn't worked.

I will try that, and i will post it tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Upvote 0

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.