Microsoft announces Windows 10 October 2020 (20H2)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
because it is the best PDF reader
They are working it:
See the this week’s updated list, list of top “quality areas” and the archive of previously addressed topics.

Roadmap for PDF reader in Microsoft Edge:
Current status:

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
They are working it:
See the this week’s updated list, list of top “quality areas” and the archive of previously addressed topics.

Roadmap for PDF reader in Microsoft Edge:
Current status:
Is the current PDF Reader functionality ok in the Edge Version 86.0.622.56 (Official build) (64-bit) ?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
i dont think chromium edge able to reopen the location of the page location on the pdf when they were closed
It's requested on the roadmap topic, so maybe it will in a future version.
Another request there, preview in Outlook is something that I would also like to see implemented.
They are very serious about the new Edge to be a success.
I really like all this available information about new and upcoming features (y)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Windows 10 October 2020 Update biggest problems and complaints
The last major refresh of the year for Windows 10 is out, but it's causing some issues for some users.

Jan Willy

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
The legacy Edge can be useful as a secure banking browser. It runs in AppContainer and is very rarely attacked. Furthermore, it is protected by default by some strong anti-exploit mitigations.
I doubt if using legacy Edge in the long term, is wise. There will not be security updates after March 9, 2021. See Microsoft Edge Legacy gets the ax in March 2021.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I doubt if using legacy Edge in the long term, is wise. There will not be security updates after March 9, 2021. See Microsoft Edge Legacy gets the ax in March 2021.
You use it for banking, so all that matters is how resilient it is when the malware is already running in your system. The legacy Edge prevents most injection methods and the malware cannot install the extensions.
The legacy Edge is almost not used by people, so most malware will ignore it and will attack the default web browser. Generally, the applications that run in AppContainer are more secure even when they are not updated for a long time.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.