Burrito

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Microsoft dethrones Amazon, becomes 2nd most valuable U.S. company

Microsoft has continued its momentum gaining close to 25 percent in 2018.

1540673869292.png

The cream rises to the top.

E

Eddie Morra

I knew they were already one of the most "valuable" because of the services they offer and the market share those services have, but I am sort of surprised that they have only just become second. I would have thought they'd have been in that position for a long time.

It's interesting how Amazon, an online shopping market, managed to become so rich and valuable in the time it did... and held up second position over a company like Microsoft for a long time. In all fairness, Amazon is a golden service... it's never done me wrong.

I knew they were already one of the most "valuable" because of the services they offer and the market share those services have, but I am sort of surprised that they have only just become second. I would have thought they'd have been in that position for a long time.

It's interesting how Amazon, an online shopping market, managed to become so rich and valuable in the time it did... and held up second position over a company like Microsoft for a long time. In all fairness, Amazon is a golden service... it's never done me wrong.

Microsoft was the world's most valuable company back in the late 1990s. Until the dot-com bubble burst.

The current valuation is simply a function of stock market price dynamics. It's not a direct determinant or measure of any particular product quality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burrito

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Microsoft definitely has the dominant position in the market for operating systems.

Is it perfect -- no.

But they are in the dominant position for multiple reasons.

Of course, whiners and complainers will always be around.

The rest of us will work the system to be the best that it can be.

1540685482547.png

That's what winners do.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.