Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
"Last week, Microsoft announced a series of changes brought to its SkyDrive service, including the introduction of paid plans for new users, and the launch of desktop applications to ease the access to this service. 

Starting with last week, new SkyDrive users are being offered only 7GB of free storage, down from the 25GB that were offered before. 

The Redmond-based software company claims that over 99 percent of users need only these 7GB of storage for their files, while only 0.6 percent of SkyDrive users require more storage."

Read More: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Changes-the-Free-SkyDrive-Storage-Limit-Intros-Paid-Plans-267040.shtml

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Luckily for some users who managed to got their old account and resulted to have 25 GB for good. That's the main advantage for SkyDrive as it convince a good start for users.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Even though it is now 7 GB, it still offers one of the largest space cloud storage for free. :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I've upgraded to the 25GB, and am using 4.4GB.

What's the ToS for uploading my music collection?

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
Don't understand why they went for 7gb??? why not a nice round figure like 10gb. But like others here I got 25gb. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.