Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Microsoft-Defender-for-IoT.png

Microsoft has announced the general availability of new enterprise IoT security capabilities in its Defender for IoT solution. The company says that these features should help businesses better secure their unmanaged IoT devices connected to enterprise networks.

Microsoft Defender for IoT (Formerly known as Azure Defender for IoT) is a security offering that protects enterprise Internet of Things (IoT) devices such as Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phones, smart conferencing systems, printers, and scanners. The service also helps organizations to secure operational technology (OT) in various industries, including manufacturing, oil & gas, as well as energy and water.

Microsoft highlights that this release brings support for several new security protections for enterprise IoT devices, including threat detection and vulnerability management. These features were previously only available for managed endpoints and OT devices in enterprise environments.

“Defender for IoT now delivers comprehensive security for all endpoint types, applications, identities, and operating systems. The new capabilities allow organizations to get the visibility and insights they need to address complex multi-stage attacks that specifically take advantage of IoT and OT devices to achieve their goals,” explained Michal Braverman-Blumenstyk, Microsoft’s CVP and CTO of cloud and AI security.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oldie1950

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2022
I would like to monitor all my IoT devices (printers, smart speakers, security cameras, sockets, etc.). But the offer from MS is probably not available for home users, or is it too expensive?

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I would like to monitor all my IoT devices (printers, smart speakers, security cameras, sockets, etc.). But the offer from MS is probably not available for home users, or is it too expensive?

It seems to me that it is currently only for entreprise

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.