- Content source
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmkmywJoFDQ
Once More unto the Breach...
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
I had to use all new video recording and editing thingies as I lost all my licenses for the apps I used previously, so it was a bit of a learning curve (and I agree that I still have some learning to do).720p for the next video?
Good job Meghan !(followed + liked)
I suspected that Magniber would also pass the Microsoft Defender anti-ransomware shield, even in hardened...
This Ransomware is quite violent, I've already managed to bypass the anti-ransomware protection of Bitdefender and F-Secure....
Hopefully the editors will wake up soon! (Kaspersky & ESET have done some detections in Hexa)
Are Kaspersky and ESET the only two av companies that provide detection for this threat?
GDATA is one of the few that can stop Magniber
WiseVector SX also...Are Kaspersky and ESET the only two av companies that provide detection for this threat?
This was done on a Windows 11 21H2 system with StartAllBack enabled (as I prefer the W10 style).why not test with an updated copy of either Windows 10 or 11?
The transmission method is still various forums, cracked software websites, fake pornographic websites, etc. When users visit these websites, they are induced to download from third-party network disks.
These two blocks were related to disk sectors, they did not block the modifications into the folders.Excellent video, thanks. It would be interesting to know what process(es) in the infection chain ultimately did the encryption damage, especially when there were two visible alerts generated by Defender. Did Defender actually block those two attempts or did one or both of them blow right through it, or was it something else that Defender failed to block?
It's Windows 11 with a Windows 7 skin.Thanks for the time and energy you put into this!
With that said, it seems as if you are using Windows 7 (maybe it's not). If so, why not test with an updated copy of either Windows 10 or 11?
1. Did the malware get high privileges?
A tester has already tested Magniber vs Microsoft Defender configured to Max Protection, and files were still encrypted.Good job Meghan !(followed + liked)
I suspected that Magniber would also pass the Microsoft Defender anti-ransomware shield, even in hardened...
This Ransomware is quite violent, I've already managed to bypass the anti-ransomware protection of Bitdefender and F-Secure....
Hopefully the editors will wake up soon! (Kaspersky & ESET have done some detections in Hexa)
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes