Battle Microsoft Defender with OSArmor, or F-Secure with OSArmor.

Microsoft Defender with OSArmor, or F-Secure with OSArmor.

• Microsoft Defender with OSArmor

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • F-Secure with OSArmor

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Compare list
Microsoft Defender with OSArmor
F-Secure with OSArmor
Platform(s)
  1. Microsoft Windows

blackice

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I just reinstalled OSArmor on my main computer and have been tuning it for minimum false positives. I'm home sick today and thought I'd get people's thoughts on what to pair it with. I have had an OSArmor sub for a few years an find it pretty useful.

Reactions: Jonny Quest

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I have not used OSArmor in a few years (since I prefer CyberLock) -- I'd pair OSA with MD first and see how your like it for a month or 2. (nothing against F-Secure but why pay for F-S if MD is doing the job).

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I have not used OSArmor in a few years (since I prefer CyberLock) -- I'd pair OSA with MD first and see how your like it for a month or 2. (nothing against F-Secure but why pay for F-S if MD is doing the job).
Is F-Secure one of the few companies that doesn't offer a free version? Seems like most do.

Reactions: blackice

blackice

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I've actually run MD with OSArmor for over a year in the past. I've also run it with F-Secure for 6 months or so. Neither are really wrong. Like I said, I'm home sick and just picking people's brains. haha. Seems to be mostly a toss up, like you said I also mostly lean toward not paying for something if it's not doing anything for me. I would even give Bitdefender a swing (I'm sporting 32GB of memory), it's been a while, but that thing does not uninstall very cleanly and I don't know if I want to deal with that.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I've actually run MD with OSArmor for over a year in the past. I've also run it with F-Secure for 6 months or so. Neither are really wrong. Like I said, I'm home sick and just picking people's brains. haha. Seems to be mostly a toss up, like you said I also mostly lean toward not paying for something if it's not doing anything for me. I would even give Bitdefender a swing (I'm sporting 32GB of memory), it's been a while, but that thing does not uninstall very cleanly and I don't know if I want to deal with that.
fwiw, I tried BD free and uninstalled it. just didn't feel right, fwiw...!!!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.