Danielx64

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
1. Repair or Reset the missing apps:

• Open Settings, and select Apps.
  • On the Apps & features tab, find the name of the missing app. Click the app and select Advanced options (if available).
  • If a Repair option is available, click Repair. If this option is not available, or if Repair does not resolve the issue, you may also try the Reset option, though you might lose any app data that was saved.
  • Once the repair or reset is completed, the app should again appear in the app list and can be pinned to the Start Menu.
2. Uninstall and reinstall the missing apps:

• Open Settings, and select Apps.
  • On the Apps & features tab, find the name of the missing app. Click the app and select Uninstall.
  • Open Store and then reinstall the missing app. Once installed, the app should appear in the app list, and can be pinned to the Start Menu.
3. Re-register the missing apps using PowerShell – If you have a lot missing apps, advanced users can instead attempt to restore all of them at once using the following PowerShell commands. Note, however, that if Steps 1 and 2 were already attempted and did not restore your missing apps, this PowerShell solution will also likely not succeed.

• In Cortana, type PowerShell. In the search results, right-click Windows PowerShelland select Run as administrator.
  • In the Powershell window type the following commands. These steps may take a few minutes to complete.
    • reg delete “HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\TileDataModel\Migration\TileStore” /va /f

• get-appxpackage -packageType bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + "\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml")}

• $bundlefamilies = (get-appxpackage -packagetype Bundle).packagefamilyname

• get-appxpackage -packagetype main |? {-not ($bundlefamilies -contains $_.packagefamilyname)} |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + "\appxmanifest.xml")}
  • Once the PowerShell commands are completed, the apps should appear in the app list, and can be pinned to the Start Menu.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I'm facing this problem with my 2 tablets now. Apps just missing from my desktop/system tray but upon checking my Revo Uninstaller Pro they are still there.

Also, apps having problems like can install but cannot work properly or missing components during the installation stage.

I don't face these problems when testing those software before the FCU. I'll need the weekend to reformat and reinstall the OS and apps again.

FYI, MS is aware of the issue and will be releasing a fix soon

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: brambedkar59
P

plat1098

FYI, MS is aware of the issue and will be releasing a fix soon

Good, because here, significant issues on a high-performance machine without traditional HDD/SSD. Two clean installs plus a repair install, and various native programs still not opening, Start menu inactive to left click, Edge not opening websites, etc, etc. It's been a chronic problem with ShellExperienceHost and sfc/dism are not effective/show nothing is wrong. Let's hope it's really, really soon. My image of the first Creators had several errors so I didn't want to risk it.

Reactions: brambedkar59

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.