Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
RTM is short for release to manufacturer, and it's ready two weeks prior to final release on July 29th. The build that has been submitted as final has version number 10240.

The RTM version is intended for manufacturers who install Windows on their devices like laptops and PCs. The RTM status is the last phase for the public release of the OS. Microsoft announced Windows 10 last year and has been releasing public test version that have been well received.

Obviously for us PC gamers DirectX 12 is going to be a hip and hot feature. Microsoft has promised that all users of Windows 7 and 8.0 can get a free upgrade to Windows 10, you will need to upgrade this year though as that is the one condition set by MS. Due to the free upgrade the adoption rate of Windows 10 will likely go through the roof.

A fun fact, Microsoft releasing the RTM precisely today is not a coincidence, today it has been exactly 20 years ago that Microsoft send Windows 95 RTM to manufacturers.

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
Here it is guys:

ls2t7sf.jpg

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Was actually trying to put this on a USB several times. Don't work for whatever reason. Seems the guy who made this converted the ESD to an ISO. Redownloaded multiple times from different sources (all from the same person) and it still does nothing. Have no disc to burn it to. Guess I'll try the mount and install method as a last resort. If it fails, oh well. I backed up my current OS completely. I'll just restore if it goes wrong.

He had to convert due to MIcrosoft not officially releasing this build yet. Windows Insider for PC is temporarily disable on their site. You'd have to install last build then update. Or attempt your luck at this ESD converted to ISO. Even if this doesn't work @Kardo Kristal, all of the others you've linked to did. And obviously if this doesn't work, no one should be blaming you for it. You know what they say, don't shoot the messenger.

This is source for those who don't know: http://microsoft-news.com/download-windows-10-rtm-build-10240-iso/

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@OokamiCreed Interesting.. Moderator of the website said in the comments:
...we downloaded the ESD from Microsoft's website and converted them using a Decrypter.

I'll download it tomorrow and test it out. Previous versions worked here. :)

Regards,
Kardo

D

Deleted member 178

What an odd thing to say!

i can use any version with a license hack, but i want use my home OEM license so i need the Home version.

p.s: don't ask me how i did , i will not tell :D

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
ESD Decrypter (This decrypter should work for Build 10240)

Download

Download links for Windows 10 Build 10240 (different versions)

Language: English + other
Type: ESD
Architecture: 32 and 64-bit versions

Download

---

Windows 10 Home - TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
Windows 10 Professional - W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
Windows 10 Enterprise - NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43-B8YKP-D69TJ

Regards,
Kardo

Last edited:

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Just wanted to report that mounting the ISO and running the setup file worked perfectly. Did not ask for a license and activated itself once connected to the internet. It was an OEM by the way. Worthy to note that the OS was not the preinstalled one, but a fresh install using an ISO that wasn't sent with OEM computers.

This is using the ISO in the link provided by @Kardo Kristal It does work. Just couldn't get it to install on a USB using Rufus.

screenshot_1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.