Microsoft Hohm discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
Microsoft Hohm has helped demonstrate the critical role of information in helping people and organizations improve how energy is generated, distributed and ultimately consumed. Microsoft will continue to focus on developing products, solutions and partnership that span a wide spectrum of industries, such as power generation, distribution grids, buildings and transportations systems.

read more

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I was like Microsoft what? :p

Never heard of this, won't miss it either. :lol:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
stormgtr said:
Never heard of this, won't miss it either. :lol:
Count me in also!:rolleyes: I had to go to their official site to see what it is. :p

What is Hohm?
Microsoft Hohm is a free online application that helps you save energy and money. With Hohm you can better understand your home energy usage, get recommendations to help conserve energy and start saving. As with any recommendation product, Microsoft Hohm will provide increasingly more accurate and relevant suggestions for energy conservation as our users contribute home energy input and feedback.

Hohm uses advanced analytics licensed from Lawrence Berkeley Labs and the Department of Energy, to give you personalized energy saving recommendations. These recommendations are tailored based on your specific household circumstances including home attributes and use of appliances and systems. You will also be able to compare your energy usage with that of others in your area.

Lets just say that I can understand why this service will "go dark" soon.
[attachment=533]

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    372.6 KB · Views: 615

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Me too since birth I didn't hear nor check Microsoft Hohm.

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
Never heard of this either, looks like some strange type of service/or whatever.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
endejan said:
Never heard of this either, looks like some strange type of service/or whatever.
I don't even know how to use this .... most likely I need to register...... :) ... and to be more correct I can't find any use for it:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.