New Update Microsoft Copilot - an AI-powered answer engine (formerly Bing AI Chat) Updates

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
When Microsoft first launched Bing Chat a few months ago, the only way the chatbot AI service could be accessed by PC owners was by using the Edge web browser. A few days ago, Mikhail Parakhin, Microsoft’s head of Advertising and Web Services, stated that in June, the company would start experimenting with adding support for third-party browsers for Bing Chat.

Now that support is starting to show up for some users. A thread on the Bing Reddit page this weekend showed screenshots of Bing Chat working inside Apple's Safari and Google's Chrome browsers.

When we asked Parakhin about this thread on Twitter today, he did confirm this development, stating, "We are experimenting, will be rolling out gradually." As of this writing, he did not say what specific third-party browsers would be getting Bing Chat support.

The rest

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Reactions: simmerskool

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
  • Microsoft finally released the Microsoft 365 Copilot experience to general availability.
  • It will cost $30 per person per month for E3, E5, Business Standard, and Business Premium Customers.
  • Some critical elements of the experience, like Copilot for Excel, are still in preview but will likely ship to broad availability in the next few months.
  • You can use the tool to generate meeting summaries for Teams calls and create PowerPoint presentations from specific documents.
Enterprise customers must liaise with their Microsoft account representative to purchase Microsoft 365 Copilot, while customers with Microsoft 365 E3 and E5 (or Business Standard / Premium) should already have access to Bing Chat Enterprise.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Windows Copilot is not a useful tool to manage Windows or get actionable help. It supports only a few commands and these commands aren't listed anywhere publicly. Heck, even Copilot refuses to return the full list of commands. Could be that the list is so small that Microsoft is embarrassed to reveal it.

Copilot could have been more. Assist users when it comes to Windows. Help users with troubleshooting tasks, run commands for users or at least point users in the right direction. Why can't Copilot open Settings page when users ask to make a change to them?

For now, Copilot is nothing more than what Bing Chat offers. There is virtually no reason for its integration in Windows from a user's point of view. It is a lucrative integration for Microsoft, on the other hand. It pushes usage and also advertisement.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Free users: Bing Chat is now called Copilot
Despite a close partnership worth billions, Microsoft and OpenAI continue to compete for the same customers seeking out AI assistants, and Microsoft is clearly trying to position Copilot as the option for consumers and businesses.

“Bing Chat and Bing Chat Enterprise will now simply become Copilot,” explains Colette Stallbaumer, general manager of Microsoft 365.

Paid subscribers: 'Microsoft 365 Copilot' is now 'Copilot for Microsoft 365'.
Microsoft is now pitching Copilot as the free version of its AI chatbot, with Copilot for Microsoft 365 (which used to be Microsoft 365 Copilot) as the paid option. The free version of Copilot will still be accessible in Bing and Windows, but it will also have its own dedicated domain over at copilot.microsoft.com — much like ChatGPT.

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Free users: Bing Chat is now called Copilot

Paid subscribers: 'Microsoft 365 Copilot' is now 'Copilot for Microsoft 365'

fwiw re Edge copilot: here's what I get ALWAYS, it says: "Ask me anything..." so I do, and instead of replying I get "Attempting to reconnect..." Stop Responding" But here I am still connected, never unconnected. Meanwhile I asked openai chatgpt 3.5 for a somewhat complicated excel conditional algorithm, and before I could blink chatgpt answered correctly.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
fwiw re Edge copilot: here's what I get ALWAYS, it says: "Ask me anything..." so I do, and instead of replying I get "Attempting to reconnect..." Stop Responding" But here I am still connected, never unconnected. Meanwhile I asked openai chatgpt 3.5 for a somewhat complicated excel conditional algorithm, and before I could blink chatgpt answered correctly.
You will need to troubleshoot this separately, there are many unknown factors that have not been shared to determine an actual cause of Copilot failing to work on your systems.

Please open a thread at one of the following:

• Thanks
Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.