Microsoft Is Finally Killing Off Forced Reboots in Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadden

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
you are not missing much in CU unless you really really want to draw memes in Paint 3D. :rolleyes:
Well, I'm more for 2d meme generators, and no, probably I won't use any of the apps enhanced/add in CU.
I'm totally satisfied with the AU, so I'll wait for next update :)

Reactions: DeepWeb

ncage

Level 3
Verified
May 20, 2017
Despite what people say, you are not missing much in CU unless you really really want to draw memes in Paint 3D. :rolleyes:

Depends on what you need/want. CU was important for me.
It brought 16.04 to WSL (windows subsystem for linux).
Location bar in Regedit which i use a lot
SymLinks are a little easier
Hyper-V connection window is resizeable (thank goodness).
A Screenshot Hotkey (like OSX) - Windows+Shift+S
Somewhat useful storage sense (instead of CCleaner)

While i agree the feature aren't ground breaking and probably won't matter for most people there were definitely some nice things in there.

ncage

Level 3
Verified
May 20, 2017
I'm at odds with this change. While in once sense i know what i'm doing and when microsoft first started forcing reboots i did loose some changes which infuriated me. On the other end you either have users that don't know what they are doing or have a pc hooked up to some piece of critical equipment like a hospitals MRI/CT scanners that they are unwilling to deal with the downtime so they will never reboot which leaves then vulnerable. Hopefully they at least offer the option to say that you want to reboot automatically for updates. My wife will never reboot but will just closer her lid of her labtop if they don't.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I've never experience forced reboots from numerous Windows 10 stable builds, actually it ask for me if willing to reboot after the installation of cumulative update.

Although I always set the active hours to avoid interruption, other than that definitely it's a must to ensure the preparation of a user to accomplish certain task.

ncage

Level 3
Verified
May 20, 2017
I've never experience forced reboots from numerous Windows 10 stable builds, actually it ask for me if willing to reboot after the installation of cumulative update.

Although I always set the active hours to avoid interruption, other than that definitely it's a must to ensure the preparation of a user to accomplish certain task.

Ya i'm actually talking when they first started forcing reboots. Well before windows 10. Might have been Windows XP or Windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.