Microsoft May 2022 Patch Tuesday fixes 3 zero-days, 75 flaws

L

Local Host

Well it is pushed, it comes up on Windows Update & looks to some as a legitimate update - I've had to warn several who install previews thinking they should - Maybe it's Apple's fault?
The error is on your side, the update wasn't pushed, you installed a preview update as a seeker and accepted the bugs that may come with it. Is same as using Insider Build and blaming Microsoft when you run into issues.
You mean 'click on 'Windows Update' ? To check for updates? What a dreadful thing to do? On a personal basis & not talking about Previews here, I like to update Windows at a time of my choosing, not wait until MS decided to install updates when I'm doing something important as in Patch Tuesday for example.
Windows 10 updates once a month, you can do whatever you think is important, cause the updates will only be installed when you shutdown/restart.

F

ForgottenSeer 94654

Maybe next time don't install preview updates instead of blaming Microsoft, this is a known bug and the update was never pushed to the wild.
Maybe you should know what you are talking about before you comment. It's not a preview update. On my system I got notification to restart in the tray icon after Windows Update downloaded and installed it all by itself in the background.

L

Local Host

Maybe you should know what you are talking about before you comment. It's not a preview update. On my system I got notification to restart in the tray icon after Windows Update downloaded and installed it all by itself in the background.
Maybe you should do it yourself, as the issue caused by Patch Tuesday is caused by a preview update, that wasn't pushed due to known issues.

Reactions: kC77

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
I generally manually check for updates for Windows. It rarely happens that the system itself informs me about an update.
I have been doing this since the days of Windows XP

F

ForgottenSeer 94654

Maybe you should do it yourself, as the issue caused by Patch Tuesday is caused by a preview update, that wasn't pushed due to known issues.

:ROFLMAO: KB5012643 was pushed. Then it was stopped from being pushed after people started to report problems. It was a preview on 4/25, but by yesterday it was not a preview update and was pushed automatically through Windows update.​

Again, know what you are talking about before you comment.

Reactions: Sorrento
L

Local Host

:ROFLMAO: KB5012643 was pushed. Then it was stopped from being pushed after people started to report problems. It was a preview on 4/25, but by yesterday it was not a preview update and was pushed automatically through Windows update.​

Again, know what you are talking about before you comment.
It wasn't pushed due to known issues and the issue isn't part of Patch Tuesday, you just embarassing yourself at this point.

• Applause
Reactions: kC77

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
Actually I didn't install the preview :D - But it was there for a short period of time then it was removed - lothor91 is correct, it then reappeared on Tuesday reincarnated..

F

ForgottenSeer 94654

It wasn't pushed due to known issues and the issue isn't part of Patch Tuesday, you just embarassing yourself at this point.
Not true at all.

KB5012643 was pushed and it has been reported as such. It was automatically installed by Windows Update on many peoples' machines.​

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.