Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Microsoft is now rolling out the Windows 11 upgrade to more eligible Windows devices as part of a phased rollout designed to deliver a smooth upgrade experience.

"The availability of Windows 11 has been increased and we are leveraging our latest generation machine learning model to offer the upgrade to an expanded set of eligible devices," Microsoft said in an update to the Windows health dashboard.

"We recommend that you upgrade your devices to Windows 11 to take advantage of the latest features and advanced protections from security threats."

According to previously available information, the company estimates that all eligible Windows 10 devices will be offered the upgrade to the latest version by mid-2022.

Microsoft released Windows 11 worldwide on October 5 and is now rolling it out via Windows Update to new Windows 10 devices and those pre-loaded with Windows 11.

Windows 10 users can upgrade to Windows 11 via Windows Update as long as their computers come with compatible hardware.

To install Windows 11 on eligible devices, they also need to run Windows 10 2004 and later and have installed at least the September 2021 updates.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just appeared on my laptop. Will install tonight after work.

1635481649687.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Wordward

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
I took it for a spin. I liked it, but I went back to Windows 10. I didn't notice any bugs and my 2-year-old ASUS Notebook ran well. I just didn't want to wait until I couldn't rollback. I think it's 10 days until you can no longer do so. It wasn't particularly complicated to use, but it was different enough that I couldn't always remember where some things were located. I think once I hear from others on the stableness of Windows 11, I may install it again.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Due to "positive" feedback, Windows 11 rollout is about to get a whole lot faster​

For those who are eager to get on board the Windows 11 train, Microsoft just announced some pretty positive news. In a blog post, the company has stated that it will be accelerating the Windows 11 rollout from today as it is pleased with how the update rollout process has gone so far.
Today, based on the positive rollout update experience and user feedback we have seen to date, we are advancing the pace of the rollout faster than we previously anticipated, and are now making the Windows 11 upgrade more broadly available to eligible Windows 10 devices.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Microsoft increases Windows 11 rollout pace to Windows 10 devices​

"In our first phases of the Windows 11 rollout we are consistently seeing a high rate of positive update experiences and user feedback for eligible devices, identified using our latest generation machine learning model," Microsoft said this week.

Antig

Level 1
Mar 23, 2021
Microsoft HealthCheck program ruled out my 4 years old AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3200MHZ processor from the list of eligibles, but ,all other parameters being ok, I decided ten days ago to try and install Windows11 in a 105 GB SSD partition alongside my Windows10 partition of 140GB. I wanted to try it and reasoned out that if it refused install due to Ryzen5 I had the chance perhaps to go Virtual with it, but,rather unexpectedly, install succeeded like a breeze, its easiness impressed me.
I had spent many days investigating about AMD updates and MS vetos, but it was nothing of the sort and W11 works fine,downloading all necessary updates. Both W10 and 11 are fine dual booting.
I will see in the next week if i'll keep both or go for the newer one or stay with my already hardened and secure W10.
I just wonder why they had to scare people uselessly ,as if fear was lacking these days.

Reactions: Venustus

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Windows 11 now available for all compatible devices according to Microsoft​

The release version of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system is now available for all compatible devices according to Microsoft. The designation for broad deployment is an important milestone, as it is used by organizations to determine the readiness of the operating system for broader deployment on devices.
The Windows release health dashboard for Windows 11 version 21H2 reveals the status change.
Current status as of May 17, 2022 (PT)

Windows 11 is designated for broad deployment.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.