Microsoft Office 2013 Query

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I have Microsoft Office 2013 Standard Edition.
I have done custom install i.e Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Shared Tools & Other Tools only.

Why updates are downloaded/installed for all not installed office features too OneNote, OfficeProject, Outlook, OneDrive for Business, etc...?

Is there any other way I can install only needed features mentioned above with Office 2013 Standard install package so that updates for not installed office features are not downloaded/installed?

Reactions: Logethica

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Same question also puzzles me with my Office 2010 Pro. Updates are downloaded and installed for programs which I didn't installed in the first place. Such updates wastes my bandwidth and precious SSD space as well :mad:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You could buy the individual packages, but are costly compared to the bundled editions.

I would ask on Microsoft Support for a specific answer.

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
I have Microsoft Office 2013 Standard Edition.
I have done custom install i.e Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Shared Tools & Other Tools only.

Why updates are downloaded/installed for all not installed office features too OneNote, OfficeProject, Outlook, OneDrive for Business, etc...?

Is there any other way I can install only needed features mentioned above with Office 2013 Standard install package so that updates for not installed office features are not downloaded/installed?

well if you want the correct answer, i will tell you, after installing office it will take a one heck of full back up of whole office suite in your pc if you like or not, this is the way it always install from office 2003, if my memory serves better. if you delete that backup then some problem will happens then m$ office will look for this back up for recovery, if it is not available then it throw so many errors and ultimately advice you to reinstall the entire package with up to date files.

if you do not believe me this is my office 2013 installation backup folder

msoffbackup.JPG

ps: the folder name is mso cache and it is hidden folder, when you try open it or try to see size of it, it will display zero size do not believe it m$ having this kind of trick for the system hidden object, it is same as system volume folder which is hidden and size will be always zero,:confused: i am not joking seriously i had that problem what i described before, seriously it downloaded 100 mb update for program which i never seen in the office 2013 when i installing it i.e. skype for bussiness, so now i do not know what to do with office 2013 installation. every month i am downloading 1 gb update only for m$ office 2013.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: now i am looking for the replacement but unfortunately i am not finding anything closer to it to replace, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: Kuttz
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.