Advice Request Microsoft Office 2016 installation problem

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Good evening, I've just installed Office 2016 from this official website, using my product key. But I noticed it installed and activated Office x86 (32 bit version). How can I get instead the x64 version? I see no option Office

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
2. Select Install. (If you have an Office 365 subscription you'll need to selectInstall > and then on the next page, select Install.)

This will start the installation of the 32-bit version of Office on your PC using the language you selected when you redeemed the product.

Yes, they are saying it will install the 32 bit version. But how to get the 64 bit?

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
On the bottom of the page, choose Install on a PC (Office for Home) and there are instructions how to get 64-bit version.

Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
1 your license might be for 32 bit

2 The 32 bit version is better, because unless you are doing some unusual things with Office, you won't gain anything from the 64 bit version, except for more RAM consumption, and more add-on compatibility problems. You need to run very heavy and complex Office files in order to benefit from 64 bit Office.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
1 your license might be for 32 bit

2 The 32 bit version is better, because unless you are doing some unusual things with Office, you won't gain anything from the 64 bit version, except for more RAM consumption, and more add-on compatibility problems. You need to run very heavy and complex Office files in order to benefit from 64 bit Office.
Exactly correct, I used to use MS Office for my reports, I have sense moved on to different software seeing I had specific documents
designed for what I need them for. But MS x86 was far better and I tried both x86 x64 bit versions.
I have my guys do Fuel, Vehicle Inspection, Call Logs, and Trip Reports on a daily basis. I have tons I do monthly for Payroll
and Monthly that include incident reports ect. that I want to store and have backups of.
Try the x64 MalwareMaster then the x86 you will notice how efficient the x86 really is.
Good Luck brother.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Hi,

Follow first three steps and when you're on the download page, right click on the Download Now button and copy the link address.
Paste it on the new tab/window and change platform=x86 value to platform=x64 and hit enter.
Done!

Untitled.png

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Exactly correct, I used to use MS Office for my reports, I have sense moved on to different software seeing I had specific documents
designed for what I need them for. But MS x86 was far better and I tried both x86 x64 bit versions.
I have my guys do Fuel, Vehicle Inspection, Call Logs, and Trip Reports on a daily basis. I have tons I do monthly for Payroll
and Monthly that include incident reports ect. that I want to store and have backups of.
Try the x64 MalwareMaster then the x86 you will notice how efficient the x86 really is.
Good Luck brother.
I prefer x64 version, because it's faster to open and use when opened. I don't have anything special to do with it. I'm not sure, but licences are not for a single x86 or x64 office, but work for both

Reactions: Marko :)

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Hi,

Follow first three steps and when you're on the download page, right click on the Download Now button and copy the link address.
Paste it on the new tab/window and change platform=x86 value to platform=x64 and hit enter.
Done!

View attachment 154083
Wow! Thanks man! Not sure if the licence I bought will work again. Maybe it's only for one activation

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
I prefer x64 version, because it's faster to open and use when opened. I don't have anything special to do with it. I'm not sure, but licences are not for a single x86 or x64 office, but work for both
According to an older post on Microsoft TechNet forums, Office 2013 key is valid for both, 32-bit and 64-bit version. I guess this applies to all Office versions.
Wow! Thanks man! Not sure if the licence I bought will work again. Maybe it's only for one activation
For information about the license, it might be the best to contact Microsoft support. :)

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
According to an older post on Microsoft TechNet forums, Office 2013 key is valid for both, 32-bit and 64-bit version. I guess this applies to all Office versions. However, you cannot use same key for activation two offices at the same time.

For information about the license, it might be the best to contact Microsoft support. :)
Yeah, I will contact them. Do you think that, if I uninstall office, my key will be valid if I install it again on the same PC?

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Yeah, I will contact them. Do you think that, if I uninstall office, my key will be valid if I install it again on the same PC?
Sure it will be. I did exactly the same way.
And keep using x64 version as it can allocate more memory when needed (mainly for the Excel sheets with a lot of data and formulas).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.