Microsoft releases Office 2016 -upgrade today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sinu

Thread author
Source: Microsoft releases Office 2016 -- upgrade today!

If you’ve been waiting for the latest version of Microsoft Office, we have some good news for you. The newest addition to Office 365, Microsoft’s cloud-based subscription service, is available to download now.

Office 2016 delivers new versions of the desktop apps for Windows, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Project, Visio and Access. Office 365 subscribers can choose to download the new Office 2016 apps as part of their subscription (automatic updates will begin rolling out to consumers and small-businesses next month). The new suite is also available to buy for a one-off fee from today.
Highlights of the new release include:

• Co-authoring in Word, PowerPoint and OneNote, including the all new real-time typing experience in Word
  • Intelligent features like Tell Me which allow you to use intuitive language to find the commands you need and Smart Lookup which brings insights from the web right into your documents
  • Office 365 Groups are now an integrated part of the Outlook 2016 client app and available on your favorite mobile device through the Outlook Groups app, delivering a consistent team experience across the suite.
  • GigJam, a new way for teams to accomplish tasks and transform business processes by breaking down the barriers between devices, apps and people, is available in private preview today, and will become part of Office 365 in 2016
  • Significant new updates to OneDrive for Business coming later this month across sync, browser, mobile, IT control and developer experiences
  • Upgraded security with Data Loss Prevention and Multi-factor Authentication
Microsoft Office | Productivity Tools for Home & Office

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
I wish they add multi-tab view feature in their new version of office. :(

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
What all Office 2016 home/business/volume editions available?

Is Office 2016 Standard Version available?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I use 32 Bits Office 2013 on my Win 10 64 coz MS recommends 32 Bits Office for better & full compatibility.
Is it the same with Office 2016 i.e for better & full compatibility 32 Bits Office 2016 recommended on 64 Bits system?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@yesnoo : Well its a matter of system architecture, so you may use one of them as same features are covered which it shouldn't bind any limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.