Microsoft Releases the November 2019 Security Updates for Office

[correlate]

Level 18
Thread author
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
Microsoft released the November 2019 Office security updates, bundling a total of 17 security updates and five cumulative updates for seven different products, 15 of them patching flaws allowing unauthorized access to information.
To download security updates for your Microsoft Office installations, you have to click on the corresponding Knowledge Base article in the table below and scroll down to the "How to download and install the update" section to download the update packages for each product.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Well, updated last night. Just put laptop in hibernate after restart and logging back in. This morning screen wouldn't come on, had to do hard reset and now mouse not working (touchpad). Tried all the usual solutions and no luck. All looks enabled and working. Doing system restore. I hope that works.

I'll have to leave it running while I go to work but this is not how I'd hoped to spend my morning :( I'm sure it's probably just my machine but thought I'd mention it.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
' Microsoft Releases the November 2019 Security Updates for Office' - Which is why I'm eternaly grateful I use Softmaker 2018 I no longer need Outlook & therfore no longer get my 365 messed up by MS whenevr they feel inclined. Softmaker isn't perfect but it's pretty good. However my other half has 365 con her lappy so I hope that updates OK.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Ok so it wasn't result of the update as far as I can work out. Somehow, whatever happened when I put it in hibernate had turned off my touchpad. Did the system restore anyway so will run the update again after a fresh backup. The fix was a simple Fn + F7 on my Acer laptop. Thank goodness for that.:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.