Microsoft removes policies from Windows 10 Pro

ZeroDay

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
As is mentioned in the comments on the source post, people are angry because Microsoft have basically used the bait and switch technique. They encouraged everyone to get the "free upgrade" Then, once people did so Microsoft start strippingfeatures. Microsoft are just proving to be untrustworthy with tactics such as this.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
seems this is a attempt to boost Enterprise version sales.

I agree. The way Microsoft have executed this trick is unbelievable. Get Everyone to upgrade then strip features. I can see some very small businesses feeling like they been robbed by Microsoft and rightly so. And, Maybe because of how they've been treated by paying for pro for the extra features then basically getting the home edition I wouldn't be at all surprised if some choose to Install Windows 10 Enterprise illegally as they feel they've already paid for the features it contains.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Now the purpose of Windows 10 Pro is something little bit useless, because Pro version should served complete in terms of feature for Home based.

Meanwhile Education and Enterprise version can expand base on the needs for the organization.

Honestly a little minus point for Microsoft, the logic goes something nowhere.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Now the purpose of Windows 10 Pro is something little bit useless, because Pro version should served complete in terms of feature for Home based.

Meanwhile Education and Enterprise version can expand base on the needs for the organization.

Honestly a little minus point for Microsoft, the logic goes something nowhere.

Spot on. I'm unsure on whether to install Windows 10 Enterprise now or wait or the AU to be released. I'm currently running the AU insider preview on Windows 10 pro.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.