Security News Microsoft September 2026 Patch Tuesday fixes 966 flaws, 2 zero-days

Security News
47 Replies 3,626 Views
Yes I told you it is a cosmetic issue. But honestly I was worried that sth was wrong in my config. But when I checked real time protection status in PS I realised it was just a glitch that happens only once on system startup.

But to avoid similar future issues, I changed the update channel to Staged. If MS ever issues a corrupted update, you won't be one of the first victims.

On the last two commands, I was getting a token error. And since yesterday, and today, my desktop icons reload more frequently than normal, annoyingly so. So, I'm doing a Windows Update Reinstall. I've only had the one notice on my HP in the last 2 days, w/o any flickering/reloading desktop icons, so I'll leave that laptop alone.
 
Last edited:
I use Enterprise version so that's probably the reason why Microsoft doesn't mess with my PC. Enterprise version needs stability.
Horrible. Why they don't test these patches for a good 2 weeks before release is beyond me.
Because they don't have much time, especially if vulnerability is being abused in the wild.
 
On the last two commands, I was getting a token error. And since yesterday, and today, my desktop icons reload more frequently than normal, annoyingly so. So, I'm doing a Windows Update Reinstall. I've only had the one notice on my HP in the last 2 days, w/o any flickering/reloading desktop icons, so I'll leave that laptop alone.
Here you're talking about two separate issues. It seems your icon cache is corrupted too. You need to rebuild the icon cache .
 
Back
Top