Burrito

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018

After months of speculation
, intrigue, lawsuits, and presidential leaning-in, Microsoft has won the Pentagon’s $10 billion JEDI cloud storage contract, upsetting the presumed frontrunner Amazon.

The outcome comes as a surprise to many observers who described Amazon as the almost-certain winner of the Joint Enterprise Defense Infrastructure, or JEDI, program. Amazon was considered by many to be the only qualified bidder because it had the largest enterprise cloud infrastructure and already had reached the necessary highest security level, known as Impact Level 6.

The awarding of this contract to Microsoft will change the short-term futures of Microsoft and Amazon.

There are security implications in this news... and the JEDI program involves multiple security layers that are part of the concept.

My take on this for this forum ------ this will be a good thing for those who like and use WD. WD ATP (Enterprise) will get more funding...and some of that will trickle down to WD consumer. Our MT guru and buddy Andy will hopefully stay around and help us make the most of the changes coming.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Oh come on, you're telling me that you haven't figured out how to be one with the force and come back as a force ghost!:p
I am not sure if this would be an optimistic perspective, because no one really knows what force ghosts can do (except showing Mona Lisa smile).:unsure::yoga:

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Your lack of star wars knowledge is disturbing...

Embrace the power of the Dark Side , and then i will show you immortality...

:p

Ha, Ha. It seems that only light-siders may live on as Force ghosts. They cannot do much as ghosts, because is very important to keep alive the Dark Side.
"No Dark Side = No Star Wars", and "No Malware = No MT Forum" (what a terrible idea).:alien:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.