Not open for further replies.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
...patiently waiting for @Jack to update the MT profile fields to include Preferred Pronouns so I can update my profile. Or maybe we can start a new thread called “Preferred Pronouns” ;).

As the reporter says “This is insane. I thought we weren’t meant to judge people”.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I don't understand the content well because my English hearing ability is inferior. But if you look at the stern look of the newscaster and the comments posted on YouTube and this thread, you can guess that it's not very good.:unsure:

MS should publish the translated video using the news notification feature on the taskbar.

Reactions: oldschool and Nevi

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Ugh... let's not turn this forum into a hate space. Let people identify and be called however they feel comfortable with... Maybe step up and act when their pronouns affect your life...

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
It is important to note that you can disagree with someone without hating them. Every generation leaves their mark on society and influences it one way or another. And every older generation finds something they believe to be ridiculous in the younger generations. If the younger generation believes it is important use preferred pronouns, then like it or not, moving forward preferred pronouns will become the norm.

I just hope the younger generation understands that the older generations have been using "standard" pronouns their whole life, so they are pretty much grandfathered in and it might be difficult for them to learn how to properly use preferred pronouns. For the same reason, most people in the older generations will not be describing something really cool as "fire" any time soon ;).

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
First people were pissed Win 11 generalised old PC as obsolete and incompatible. Now it seems MSFT wants to ignite mankind/animal kingdom w/ more reserved division in the society.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Reference a couple of the above posts, I don't think there's any hate for the people involved. In my case, it's pity rather than anger,

I'm of the opinion older folks and senior citizens (like me) are more baffled and astounded. In my case, by the time I was their age I had fought a war and very nearly didn't make it. I, along with many others, came home to face insults shouted at us from similar type people. We blew it all off. We didn't run for a safe space. Rather, we got on with our lives.

Now, our grandchildren can't even figure out what sex they are or, in some cases, whether they're even human, and they're hurt and offended by words. What the hell are we supposed to think?

Reactions: Jack and Trooper

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
An individual's self-image trumps biological fact.. apparently. I don't care how people present or what they call themselves... each to their own. What is disappointing is that those who express an opposing (some would say common sense) viewpoint are vilified, opinions are polarised and reasoned debate/compromise no longer seems to exist. Not sure how that's a step forward for any demographic.

Reactions: Jack

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Self image cannot trump biologic fact. No matter whether some guy identifies as a girl, his chromosome still says he's male. And vice versa for those women who want to be men. I'd be recommending psychiatric help..

And I am not talking about actual homosexuals or lesbians. I'm talking about the lunatics who just want to get into girls restrooms or lockers/showers under the guise of 'identifying' as a girl. We've already had several instances here in the US of sexual assault involving them.

Reactions: Trooper and Jack

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I believe everybody is allowed to get an opinion on a matter. But this so called opinion should not be criticizing anybody. One thing is to say "this I don't agree with, this I don't believe", while another whole thing is to say "this cannot be, this is pathetic, this is embarrasing". I've been raised with the basic principle of never judging anybody and spread kindness, always do good instead of otherwise. Due to this principle, I've come to realise that my support for a simple cause like "how would you like to be adressed", "what pronouns do you use" can change somebody's day or even life. I don't really care if it's biologically correct, since it's more a matter of mental health and self-steem. If I can "not hurt somebody" by calling them what they want to be called, then I see no reason why not to. You may think these things aren't "inclusive", and point "inclusion" towards sign language or similar, but I've seen and met depressed teenagers, suicidal youngsters, consequences of not being accepted or included for their sexual orientation/self identification. So say what you will, think what you must, but just take into consideration the other person first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.