Mihir:-) 's Lockdown Configuration

Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Eset Smart Security 9 HIPS-Smart Mode,PUP On,Firewall Interactive mode+Shadow Defender+NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro(Lockdown Mode)
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Emsisoft Emergency Kit 11,Hitman Pro,Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit,Crystal Security(Portable)
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome,Internet Explorer,Bitdefender Traffic Lights
Maintenance tools
CCleaer Pro

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Great updates, @Mihir :-)!

MCShield is light enough for any system since it only operates when there's a USB device connected to the computer.

Secunia PSI sure is capable of making sure your PC has all the latest security patches, which means there is one less thing to worry about.

Excellent choices, keep it up! :p

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Update:12/01/2016
Added:Virus Total Windows Uploader.
Excellent update, I have been using VirusTotal uploader ever since it came out and it's definitely effective.
I have come across small .exe utilities which looked suspicious, and it was great scanning them on VirusTotal to see if they are clean or not. :p

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Update:20/01/2016
Added:Deep Freeze Standard.For isolation in emergencies:D
Nice new layer of security.

As with any other software, I'd like to recommend some alternatives to Deep Freeze in case you ever want to try them:Note that I didn't post these applications for you to necessarily replace Deep Freeze, but mostly in case you wanted to try an alternative to it, in the future. :p

M

Mihir :-)

Thread author
Just saying, MBAE and MCShield count as Real-Time Protection...
MBAE Home version/free version is only provides browser protection and MC Shield is activate only when required.I disable the HDD scanning on MC Shield.Only scan pendrive.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

pneuma1985

Level 4
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
So far no need of that as long i have Deep Freeze Standard and Sandboxie,Time Freeze on:D
Hmm I'd still suggest a VM if you run malware and or visit phising attacks on your pc. Though sandboxie and deep-freeze seem to be good enough as long as there is not leaks. I'd still suggest a VM no matter what when exposing your system to malware. Any securities tech would agree. A malware environment is always in a VM as far as I know. Really it's due to the evolution of malware and no one really knows whats going to be next. So exposing yourself to it even with those layers of security is still risky IMO. As far as testing goes with samples I'd never put my main boot at risk just not worth it much safer and easier just to use a VM.

M

Thread author
Update:22/01/2016
Added:Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
Removed:Emsisoft Emergency Kit.For it takes huge disk space with updates:mad:

M

Thread author
update:02/02/2016
Removed:Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 MR1
Added:Avast! Free Antivirus 2016[Custom Installation],uMatrix.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
update:02/02/2016
Removed:Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 MR1
Added:Avast! Free Antivirus 2016[Custom Installation],uMatrix.
uMatrix is an insanely powerful webpage element blocker, great addition!

Be sure to read the uMatrix wiki for important information, tips and tricks pertaining to uMatrix's functions. :]

Reactions: Mihir :-)
M

Thread author
Update:03/02/2016
Removed:Avast! Free Antivirus 2016.Because of their ads,HIPS was just useless.
Added:Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 MR1,Adw Cleaner,Norton Power Eraser.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Update:03/02/2016
Removed:Avast! Free Antivirus 2016.Because of their ads,HIPS was just useless.
Added:Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 MR1,Adw Cleaner,Norton Power Eraser.
Going back to KIS was probably a good idea. Avast is great as an free antivirus, but it requires other software to complement it (separate firewall applications, etc).
Kaspersky Internet Security, on the other hand, offers a wide range of mature, reliable and tested features, which make it much more preferable over Avast.

Reactions: Crystal_Lake_Camper

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.