Windows Edition
Pro
Log-in security
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Sophos Home Premium with strict download reputation blocking, Windows Firewall.
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
Web filtering set to block for malware, spyware, spam sites, hacking and criminal activity sites. Download file reputation set to strict.
Periodic malware scanners
Comodo Killswitch, Comodo Cleaning Essentials, Zemana Antimalware Portable, Norton Power Eraser.
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Microsoft Edge - , PrintFriendly and PDF, Bitwarden, Honey.
Chrome - Bitwarden, Honey, Privacy Badger, Windscribe Browser extension, PrintFriendly and PDF.
Maintenance tools
Windows 10 own utilities.
File and Photo backup
Files stored on OneDrive with Office 365 account including ransomware protection. Files also copied monthly to separate Hard Drive monthly.
System recovery
Aomei Backupper Free
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Downloading malware samples
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
Dell Inspiron N5110, 8GB Ram, intel duel core i5-2450M, 64 bit, Windows 10 Pro (Version 1903)

mike6688

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 27, 2017
Made a few changes due to issues with Comodo taking forever to load with new versions and laptop becoming unresponsive. Installed Sophos Home free in replace of Comodo and using Windows Firewall. Have removed some browser extensions as no longer needed, and using Edge as the main browser with the aim of moving over to Edge Chrome when released. Have been thinking over purchasing Sophos Home Premium as quite liked it when beta testing it, but not sure I need the extra protections.

mike6688

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 27, 2017
Decided to go with Sophos Home Premium as quite enjoyed it when Beta testing and worked really well on my laptop. Download reputation set to strict, Artificial Intelligence, Exploit protection, webcam protection, malicious traffic detection, keylogger detection, keystroke encryption, safe browsing, website filtering on and ransomware protection turned on.
Removed VoodooShield due to upgrading Sophos to premium version.
Removed Myki password manager and replaced with Bitwarden
Windows version now 1903

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.