MikeV current security set up

MikeV

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Thank you ALL for your answers, but let me explain some thinks.
1) I like simplicity & effectiveness.
2) I don't like to have so many programs run on windows start up, cause i hate slow boot time.
3) 360 IS has an excellent behavior blocker, registry protection, system protection etc etc.....
4) i Disable UAC cause it was breaking my nerves....because i multitasking a lot and all these pop ups was ruining my mood.
5) I use Sandboxie because i trust it more than qihoo's (i don't know why...) and after all i noticed that sandboxie connect me to the internet as ''anonymus'' (what task manager says)
6) I am very careful when i browse, i don't click on flashy banners or strange url. However i am a little bit afraid of exploits, when i browse to some forums considering my job. ( I was infected with a TDSS rootkit while i was browsing on a forum about mastering of sound tips...etc....)
7) Having a lot of add on doesn't help sometimes, contrary it's slowing your browsing.
8) Ultra Virus Killer is not only a scanner, it has tons of features that help the user to solve problems with windows.

Once again i REALLY appreciate ALL of you for your answers and help...you guys RULE!!!!!!!!;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.