Crypto Opinions & News Miners flood market with GPUs they no longer need as cryptocurrencies crash

Disclaimer: Any information contained on this forum is provided as general market commentary, and does not constitute investment, financial, trading or other sort of advice.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
As the cryptocurrency market currently goes through one of its worst nosedives in recent years, miners are trying to get rid of their mining hardware. Due to the crashing prices of popular crypto coins, numerous Chinese miners and e-cafes are flooding the market with graphics cards they no longer need.

Miners, e-cafes, and scalpers are now trying to sell their hardware stock on streams and auctions. As a result, users can snag a second-hand GPU, such as the RTX 3060 Ti, for $350 or even less. Many popular graphics cards going for MSRP or even less is quite a sight to behold after astronomically high prices and scarce availability during the last two years.

As tempting as it might be to snag a powerful Nvidia or AMD GPU for a price lower than its MSRP, it is not the best idea to go after a graphics card that went through seven rings of mining hell. Potential buyers should be aware that the mining GPUs are often not in their best conditions after spending months in always-on, always-100% mode.

With manufacturers increasing their supply and prices going down like never before, you may better spend a little more and get a new graphics card with a warranty and peace of mind. As a bonus, you can enjoy the view of scalpers getting desperate to get at least some money from their stock.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Dirty-Harry1-1-768x347.jpg

Uh uh. I know what you’re thinking."Was this graphics card heavily used in mining or not?"
Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself.
But being this is a RTX3090, the most powerful graphics card in the world and would blow your psu clean off.
you’ve gotta ask yourself one question: ”Do I feel lucky?” Well, do you, buy?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.