Status
Not open for further replies.

phyniks

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
I ve read lots of reviews complaining about Avira's "mini scan" after its detection.
Can anyone tell me what this process exactly do and why Avira should have it (which has got lots of cons) while other AVs can directly remove the threats they detect?

Thanks in Advance

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
From Avira Forums, here. Could be either scheduled or triggered after the real-time guards flags a file as malicious. I'm not sure.

It may be considered an inconvenience, by those to test Avira in an isolated environment against real malware, but an average user who accidentally stumbles across it, may just be a safety measure to ensure your system is clean.

Reactions: phyniks
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.