Downloader : IDM
Browser: GC, FF.
Office Tools: MS- Office 2013 Professional Plus,
PDF : PDF Studio Pro.
Compressor : WinRAR.
Screen Capture : ScreenPresso Pro.
Cloud Storage: DropBox.
ISO Mounter : Power ISO.
Download Avira browser safety Extension And if you want Https everywhere Then its all good ;)

mohammadwasi7861

Level 2
Thread author
Sep 17, 2012
Hi, I want to update Win 8 to 10, but my internet speed to 512KBps and every month i have to keep on my PC at least 24hrs for update 4Gb :D
all work will stop. :p

Reactions: frogboy

Gapp

Level 2
Verified
Mar 26, 2017
Nice configuration there :)

On a lighter side, what are your suggestion in replacement for ABS? Tsk I am using it.... :( I read that Norton Safe Web is but have not used it yet.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hi there, ESET is a good, basic AV.

I saw that you have "OS File Reputation: disabled". You should turn on SmartScreen, it only helps you.

As for browser extensions, Avira was suggested to you, I would add that Bitdefender TrafficLight is also very good.

You didn't mention what browser you use; I am assuming it is Google Chrome.

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
Hi, I want to update Win 8 to 10, but my internet speed to 512KBps and every month i have to keep on my PC at least 24hrs for update 4Gb :D
all work will stop. :p

How about this: i can send you a genuine Windows 10 iso image from MS on a dvd (through postal services) - free of costs to you. Afterwards, you can buy a product key online, legally from any authorized reseller. Is this something you would consider?

But i need to look for the legal aspects of this (is distributing ISOs legal - clean, unmodified Microsoft ISOs, without cracks/hacks of course, just the ISO itself as mother MS provides it).

Update: You can check the hash of the burned ISO from the DVD by posting here on MT and asking for a hash from somebody who already downloaded it from MS (to verify its authenticity).

Last edited:

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
OK, i found the legal aspects on MS website (Microsoft Terms of Use | Intellectual Property)

The Software is made available for download solely for use by end users according to the License Agreement. Any reproduction or redistribution of the Software not in accordance with the License Agreement is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.

WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, COPYING OR REPRODUCTION OF THE SOFTWARE TO ANY OTHER SERVER OR LOCATION FOR FURTHER REPRODUCTION OR REDISTRIBUTION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED, UNLESS SUCH REPRODUCTION OR REDISTRIBUTION IS EXPRESSLY PERMITTED BY THE LICENSE AGREEMENT ACCOMPANYING SUCH SOFTWARE.

I'm really sorry, can't send you the DVD...

Reactions: mohammadwasi7861

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Good configuration out there. :)

An optional setup is to add a companion tool like Voodoshield as your anti-exe/whitelisting program.

Or you can configure the HIPS component of ESET to make it active on monitoring.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015

mohammadwasi7861

Level 2
Thread author
Sep 17, 2012
But you have the right idea. He can get a friend or relative to download the ISO (now that Creators Update is available, he should get that one) and burn it to a DVD or make a bootable USB.

Thanks for your advice my friends, :) I Have windows Pro key and ISO will upgrade later.

mohammadwasi7861

Level 2
Thread author
Sep 17, 2012
Good configuration out there. :)

An optional setup is to add a companion tool like Voodoshield as your anti-exe/whitelisting program.

Or you can configure the HIPS component of ESET to make it active on monitoring.

HIPS Configuration is good but i hate that popups, auto mode is good for HIPS for me.

VooDooshield but i don't like much software with default setting. I like less security software installed but there option should be there for customisation just like ESET. I already did advance config in eset.

Thanks again for your advice my friends :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.