Svoll

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Hi All,

Been researching this topic for a while now and wanted some suggestions.
I am not a gamer, however I do play WoW, Witcher 3, and a few offline MMO, like FF10, FF11, etc... NO FPS at all, quit playing CSGO, Overwatch, etc...

As for work, i dabble in codes, little photoshop, and mostly word or excel documents.

I recently got a great deal and surprisingly a perfect PG279Q, no dead pixels and no backlight bleed, I mean the blacks were uniformly black. The cons is it cost me $700

I was also gifted a monitor MG28UQ, while its nice to have both and use them both, My desk only has room for 1 monitor.

They both serve me on a different purpose, the MG28UQ is 4k and while its only 60hz, the details and amount of work or games I play seems to be okay not great.

The PG279Q on the other hand, lacks a bit on the detail side, however the colors, smoothness, view angle is amazing, if I wasn't gifted the 28UQ, i would have no problem keeping it

Both fits my need fine, one professionally (MG28UQ) and one for all around use (PG279G)

TLDR: which should i keep? PG279G would cost me $700 which i could use to upgrade my aging gtx980 SLI or the MG28UG and lost out on the smoothness and 144hz only when I game, but it seems the games I play I don't benefit from high refresh rate.

Edited correct Model #, thanks to @CyberTech

Last edited:

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Well its hard to chose it, the PG279Q have G-SYNC and 165Hz while MG28UQ have FreeSync and 60Hz as you said no FPS at all ok i think in my opinion if you are not a gamer as you mentioned then would go with the MG28UQ (y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.